EMC executives believe that Fibre Channel storage could be a thing of the past in just a few years as enterprises increase adoption of flash memory for I/O-intensive applications, while storing less-frequently used data on inexpensive SATA drives.
EMC has announced an upgrade to the management software on its Celerra network-attached storage (NAS) arrays that will allow administrators to apply deduplication, thin provisioning and business continuity tools to data stored in VMware environments.
IBM is offering organisations an opportunity to experience more scalable, workload-tuned computing on the x86 platform. The company has launched new eX5 servers that have the ability to break the technical barriers to reach this goal.
Having a fling has suddenly taken on a new meaning: VMware is positively encouraging its engineers to have as many as possible
Panasonic has announced a June launch for its new LUMIX DMC-G2 and LUMIX DMC-G10 digital cameras, which use the Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens system.
Hewlett-Packard has accused a Taiwanese maker of printer ink cartridges with using stolen HP parts to make knock-offs and sell them in the U.S. through outlets such as Amazon.com.
When Proctor & Gamble Co., wants something from its outsourcer, Hewlett Packard Co., it doesn't deal with help desks, trouble tickets or support tiers. It gets attention from the top levels of the vendor's executive ranks.
Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G), which is ranked 20th on the Fortune 500 list, can afford to buy its employees laptops. But it is instead letting several hundred of its workers use their own laptops as part of a workplace experiment.
Google will launch on Tuesday evening Google Apps Marketplace, providing a venue for third-party, cloud-based applications to supplement Google's own online applications.
In becoming CEO of the World Wide Web Consortium, Dr. Jeff Jaffe brings a resume filled with jobs that required building partnerships and finding consensus. Such business and personal skills will be critical for success in Jaffe's new job heading a s...
Intel is standing by its promise for a March release of its next generation Xeon processors.
IBM is teaming with researchers in academic institutions in Japan and India to explore an open, common user interface for mobile devices that will make them easier for aged or illiterate people around the world to use.
Sixnet is introducing hardware to help corporate customers exploit the growing throughput, reach and reliability of expanding 3G cellular data networks.
In another move to work its way into the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140456">enterprise</a> , Google has unveiled an online store where users can buy cloud-based applications designed to work with Google's own apps.
At GDC 2010 today, NBC, SyFy, and developer Bigpoint announced a browser-based massively multiplayer online game based on the hit Sci-Fi Channel show Battlestar Galactica.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC