Startup ViVu has released a software plug-in for Skype that allows the popular Internet calling service to be used for multipoint videoconferencing.
Mobile broadband comes in different flavors, and the options are growing. Users can connect to the Internet through 3G networks, but now WiMax capabilities are being added to many laptops. WiMax (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) is a ...
The Bethesda v. Interplay case centers on a dispute about a Fallout massively multiplayer online game license, but court documents suggest there may be an Elder Scrolls MMO in the works as well.
Attacks on the cloud could cause major global outages and the service providers are now quietly worried at the potential for chaos, a survey of the sector has found.
A corporate security specialist on motives and tactics Jerry Mangiarelli has gained a lot of private-sector perspective on the DDoS threat over the years through his own personal research into botnets.
If we think of the operation of IT being a lot like that of a complete business, it is important to think about the various types of skills and management styles beyond the typical functional areas, like apps and infrastructure. While it may be suffi...
Motorola this week unveiled its first Android phone for the South Korean market. The phone, called the Motoroi, looks similar to the Motorola Droid handset in the U.S. or the Milestone in Europe but without the slide-out keyboard.
Apple reportedly is in talks with Microsoft to make Bing the default search engine on the iPhone's Safari Web browser, according to Business Week. The idea may sound surprising, but it shows how deep the ongoing battle between Google and Apple (which...
Twitter addicts had to entertain themselves with something other than the social network and microblogging site for more than an hour Wednesday morning.
Top Chinese search engine Baidu.com has sued its U.S. domain registrar over a hack that took down the Web site, alleging negligence by the U.S. company, Baidu said Wednesday.
Google boosted its efforts to boot out rogue and malicious advertisers in the fourth quarter by going after them more aggressively and making it more difficult for them to weasel their way back into its AdWords system.
As a member of the nomadic business class, I appreciate how Apple has managed to make a device as small as the iPhone a truly useful enterprise tool. Thanks to the wildly successful App Store, an amazing number and variety of apps promise to keep me ...
Last Friday, industry website Gamasutra posted a letter from individuals claiming to be the wives of Rockstar San Diego employees that decried working conditions at the company and demanding "immediate action to ameliorate conditions of employees."
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars has earned plenty of critical acclaim, earning high scores for both its DS and PSP iterations. Unfortunately, that hasn't translated into stellar sales figures, leading us to award the title as Best Game No One Bought ...
Sony has pushed back the launch of its motion controller for the PlayStation 3 console by six months citing a desire to have more software available at launch.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW