Just hours before Adobe is slated to deliver the latest patches for its popular PDF viewer, a security firm announced that by its counting, malicious Reader documents made up 80% of all exploits at the end of 2009.
A curious thing happened recently to two prominent iPhone hackers: Upon trying to log in to the iPhone's App Store, they get error messages saying their Apple ID was banned for "security reasons."
Steve Jobs is notoriously private, but that's slated to change. Jobs will work with biographer Walter Isaacson to publish an in-depth examination of the Apple founder's life, according to reports. But given Jobs' history of skirting issues and scoffi...
The Windows version of BioShock 2 doesn't support gamepads, and while that's been public knowledge for months, it's apparently causing a stir on the game's official message boards.
How'd they pull it off, that's what I hope I'm saying once I've wrapped my fingers around Capcom's surprise iPhone port of popular arcade-style brawler Street Fighter IV. That's right, Street Fighter IV. Not another Resident Evil, or Mega Man 3, or A...
Chip designer Arm this week showed its first processor made using the advanced 28-nanometer manufacturing process, which should improve battery life and functionality in future smartphones.
At the company's Mobile World Congress press conference, Microsoft unveiled the many features Windows 7 will be bringing to mobile phones in the coming months. Along with music, video, and Microsoft Office features, a new mobile gaming service was re...
Today's smartphones are too much of a handful, according to Israeli company Else: You either need to grab them with both hands and punch away at the keyboard with your thumbs, or you hold them with one hand and touch the screen with the other.
Puma's first phone, logically named the Puma Phone, comes with a number of sports-related features, including applications for runners and cyclists that let them keep track of speed, distance and pace, the company said on Tuesday at the Mobile World ...
IBM has acquired Intelliden, a network automation software vendor, and will integrate the company's technology into its Tivoli Software group.
Early reaction to the refreshed Windows Phone 7 Series operating system boiled down mostly to: "Microsoft desperately needed to do something."
The SIM cards in cellular telephones might be smaller than a postage stamp and less than a millimeter thick but that hasn't stopped South Korea's SK Telecom from cramming all the major components needed to run Google's Android OS inside one of them.
Toshiba's update on its TG01 multimedia smartphone has made a quiet debut at this week's Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona.
Google will soon add the capability to play Flash videos to its Android mobile phone OS, Google product manager Eric Tseng announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Imagine a scenario in which a downloadable application turns smartphones into network-clogging bots, causing U.S. mobile-phone networks to fail, and eventually spreads to the wired Internet.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW