With the impending release of version 9.0 of the open-source Postgres database, due in mid-August, the developers behind the project are hoping that the new features will attract more interest from enterprises.
EMC plans to acquire Greenplum for an undisclosed sum and form a new division around the privately held company's data warehousing technology.
A former senior database administrator at a Houston electricity provider was sentenced Tuesday to one year in prison for hacking into his former employer's computer network, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Nokia is selling off its wireless modem business to Renesas Electronics, a move that could help the mobile giant better focus on phone competition and get rid of a business that may have been struggling.
Apple today pulled a large number of apps created by a Vietnamese iPhone developer after claims by competitors that he had pushed his software to the top of the best seller list by purchasing them with stolen credit cards.
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to invest in technology companies as it tries to build a hardware and software ecosystem around its upcoming Fusion processor, the company said on Tuesday.
The office of new Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, has declined to answer questions about the Labor leader's personal views on her party's mandatory internet filtering policy, directing enquiries to Communications Minister, Stephen Conroy.
The use of Tabnapping, the recently-identified phishing technique, is on the rise, says Panda Labs.
Henley Business School's Informatics Research Centre, has launched a new Masters course covering how business uses technology.
Apple ranks fourth in the latest UK Experian Hitwise Hot 100 E-Retailer list, ahead of PC makers such as Dell and HP and even UK retail giant Tesco.
It will take you longer to read a book on an iPad or Kindle compared to the printed page, according to a recent study.
Got an urgent message you need to transmit immediately? Sending a telegram is likely not the first option that comes to mind. And when it's time to boogie down, you probably don't shove a cassette into your 8-track player or slap an LP onto your phon...
Like virtually every other hardware vendor, LG has announced plans to join the tablet PC revolution. It seems that LG might be following in HP's footsteps, though, by abandoning the Windows 7 tablet prototype it has been promoting in favor of a table...
China has hit back at the European Commission over an investigation into allegations of hardware dumping.
LG is working on a tablet PC that will run Google Android
If you’re struggling under the weight of the paper that your organisation is creating, then it’s time to take a significant re-think to how you approach printing. Businesses are creating more data and information than ever, and smart businesses are realising the environmental and commercial benefits to rolling out smarter printer options.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Azure Stack's third technical preview arrives
- Beefed-up Twitter abuse tools let you silence those notorious eggs
- Robots are just as plagued by security vulnerabilities as IoT devices
- Google slams the brakes on Pixel Chromebooks
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- CCTest ManagerWA
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW