No, digital distribution maven and Half-Life publisher Valve won't be unfurling Half-Life 2: Episode 3 at its zombie-press-infested games booth during next week's E3 trade show. That's straight from the computer of Valve's own managing director Gabe ...
Sega's Yakuza series has always had a long wait between each game's Japan release and the eventual U.S. translation. The first game in the series took nine months, with each subsequent release taking over a year to come to the states. The last game w...
Patrick M. Markey, Ph.D. an associate professor of psychology at Villanova University and Charlotte N. Markey, Ph.D. an associate professor at Rutgers University recently collaborated on a study entitled "Vulnerability to Violent Video Games: A Revie...
Google has introduced a new Web indexing system to provide users with more up-to-date search results, the company said Tuesday.
Five months after Google was hit by hackers looking to steal its secrets, technology companies are increasingly warning their shareholders that they may be materially affected by hacking attempts designed to take valuable intellectual property.
Search marketing isn't all about Google these days.
Google today updated Chrome Frame, a plug-in that embeds the company's Chrome browser engine into rival Microsoft's Internet Explorer, to a beta version.
Oracle on Tuesday is unveiling Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g, a pillar of its sprawling middleware stack and competitor to products from IBM, EMC, Open Text and other vendors.
A new client-server software product is designed to secure and manage smartphones and other mobile devices in the enterprise, including iPhones. The vendor, Mobile Application Development Partners, says the software can be installed with no changes t...
Alcatel-Lucent has hit its short-term goal, to reduce its carbon footprint by 10 percent by the end of 2010, a full-year early. The company said the move was aided by significant IT measures.
Looking to take a road trip this summer? Ford Motor Co. and Google have joined forces to make it easier to get where you're headed.
Experiments are under way to harvest free energy through motion and the environment, which could lead to devices such as mobile phones that can be recharged without electricity. One Laptop Per Child has experimented with charging XO laptops through s...
Microsoft and third-party security experts warned that users could be subjected to drive-by downloads because of flaws in Windows and Internet Explorer that received fixes on Patch Tuesday this week.
Once Google cornered the bulk of the search market, many search marketers stopped optimizing their sites for other engines, but that could change when the Bing-Yahoo integration happens, experts speaking at Search Marketing Expo said.
Twitter is recovering from an unspecified technical problem that affected the microblogging service's main site and its APIs (application programming interfaces) for about one hour late Tuesday morning.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC