Way outdone by rivals like Hulu and YouTube, Web video service Joost is now in the throes of winding down, only two-and-a-half years after its rollout with very high hopes by Skype co-founders Janius Friis and Niklas Zennstrom.
Adobe Systems' security response team is scrambling to fix a newly disclosed bug in its Illustrator software, even as it readies another security patch for next week.
Creative Technology, a global provider of digital entertainment products, is collaborating with a number of high-tech companies in China to bring advanced technology and eco-friendly products in the country and elsewhere.
Comcast and General Electric announced a $37 billion joint venture today that combines Comcast's cable programming and online content with NBC Universal's (NBCU) varied businesses, including broadcasting, online content and cable programming.
South Korea-based LG Display is adding some depth to its monitor lineup with a 23-inch Full HD 3D display.
Flash-based storage will quickly become one of the most important technologies in the data center, according to Gartner.
Google has created a new system to resolve DNS (domain name system) queries that the company claims will speed up Web browsing for end-users, as well as make it more secure.
Adultery, domestic violence, a crumbling marriage, and other rumors circulating the reported car accident of golf icon Tiger Woods turned out to be a feast time for hackers, poisoning web search engines left and right.
Microsoft is taking aim at one of Google's most popular services, Google Maps, with a richer version of its own online mapping service that was released in beta on Wednesday.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the University of California, Berkeley's Samuelson Clinic have filed a lawsuit (PDF document) against six government agencies, seeking information on their use of social networking sites for data collectio...
The mechanism behind a click-jacking attack that was spread by luring in Facebook users with a link to a porn site that has the potential to do more damage than just embarrassing those who fall for it.
Acer may be the first manufacturer out of the gate with a Google Chrome OS netbook in the second half of next year, according to the latest Internet rumors. JT Wang, the computer manufacturer's chairman recently told DigiTimes that he was confident h...
Sprint Nextel is downplaying a controversial blog report that it provided customer GPS location data to law enforcement authorities more than eight million times between September 2008 and October 2009.
Remember those privacy changes that Facebook announced last July? They are about to be implemented across the network, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said in an open letter posted on the site.
Last week, research firm Gartner released a PC sales forecast that initially sounded like good news for Microsoft and its hardware partners, but likely indicates trouble ahead.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC