When Samsung announced that it was developing its own mobile operating system, one question came to mind: Do we really need another mobile OS? Whether we do or not, Samsung's Bada OS has made its debut at Mobile World Congress on the new Samsung Wave...
Hewlett-Packard's first smartbook, the Compaq AirLife 100, announced on Friday, could be a rival to Apple's iPad as the two companies aim to attract buyers looking for netbook alternatives, analysts said.
Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the newest member of our IT department: Computer Engineer Barbie. She's hip, stylish, and a real whiz when it comes to fixing faulty motherboards.
Sick of overpaying for features they don't need or use, <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140456">enterprise</a> software customers are eager for vendors to adopt pay-per-use models that better align cost with consumption, according to...
Many organizations are considering shutting down their data centers and migrating most IT functions to the cloud. Beware, though: <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9150038/Dark_clouds_gather_over_online_security">Not all clouds are soft...
Any companies that have not gone down the virtualisation path are going to be in the minority. A survey of 700 CIOs worldwide has revealed that companies are committing more to the technologies and it's expected to drive much of the purchasing decisi...
Cloud computing is driving major changes in the business models and services provided by internet service providers, opening new areas of potential business for those willing to invest.
Extreme Networks is offering next-generation data centre products to enable the migration to virtualised data centres and new infrastructure solutions that feature high scalability, performance and simplicity.
Virtualization is understood as one of the key building blocks for private clouds. As a dynamic technology that enables IT organizations to reinvent how they think about management, it has the potential to make some things easier or make all things h...
This week Google whisked back the curtain on Buzz, its dive into the world of social-networking technology.
Juniper Networks has set up a new division to explore new opportunities in what the company calls 'New Network' demands.
The security measures at Royal Dutch Shell are under close scrutiny after the details of 176,000 employees and contractors were emailed to campaigners.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications expanded its line of smartphones based on Google's Android software platform on Sunday, adding two new touchscreen models: the Xperia X10 mini and mini pro.
Samsung is hoping a "Super-AMOLED" capacitive touchscreen will set the GT-S8500 Wave, the company's first smartphone based on its own Bada platform, apart from the competition, it said on Sunday. But analysts are questioning if the platform will be a...
Macworld Expo without Apple is a smaller, lower-key affair, but that hasn't kept Apple enthusiasts from attending the show. The show floor is as packed with attendees as ever, despite Apple's absence. And in a sense, the lack of Apple isn't such a ba...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Microsoft will cut 2,850 more jobs by the end of the year
- Trump's hacking comment rattles the cybersecurity industry
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia