YouTube today introduced a new content filter that helps users screen out offensive content, such as news videos with graphic violence, or sexually suggestive clips that don't exceed the service's Community Guidelines. The optional filter, named Safe...
Motorola may sell its wireless-network-equipment business and spin off its set-top box operations along with its handset division, reversing earlier reorganization plans, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
Despite the fact that the Spider-Man film franchise is in serious flux, Activison-Blizzard will still be tossing a video game dedicated to the web-slinger onto store shelves this year.
Telstra has announced a partnership with Acer to sell notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to business customers. Available on monthly plans, the 3G-capable Acer notebooks feature a SIM card slot to access Telstra's Next G network. The
In its continuing quest to speed up the Internet, Google has decided to build what it calls "ultra high-speed" broadband networks in some parts of the U.S., the company announced Wednesday.
Broadcom increased its bet on the Android mobile operating system on Tuesday, announcing additional capabilities for its software stack and a new chip for navigation in Android-based devices.
According to one medical software vendor, physicians are already warming up to Apple's coming tablet, the iPad, with 22 per cent percent of clinicians in a survey saying they plan to purchase the device within a year.
Opera Software plans to demo a version of its Opera Mini browser for the iPhone at the Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona next week. Opera Mini will offer faster browsing than Apple's Safari, which ships on iPhones, Opera said Wednesday.
The Australian Parliament's Web site was hit by an apparent denial-of-service attack Wednesday, two days after the hacking group Anonymous threatened attacks over the government's plan to filter Web content.
From the outside, Hewlett-Packard's newest data center looks like a massive, well-secured loading dock, devoid of logos and surrounded by a robust barbed-wired fence in a nondescript industrial park.
IBM has found what it claims to be a less costly way to build solar cells.
Cisco has been saying for years that mobile video data traffic content is exploding, and it now expects the amount of video traffic in 2014 to be 66% of all mobile data traffic by 2014. That prediction came in a new forecast by the networking company...
Intel said this week that it plans to launch its embedded storage chip, code-named Jasper Forest, in the next several days.
The latest smartphone for a mass market has been unveiled not by Apple or Nokia or any other recognizable consumer electronics company but by a messaging software vendor that services mobile carriers.
Your friends and family are on Twitter, as are celebrities and even astronauts, so why shouldn't your dog be on as well? That will soon happen thanks to an iPhone application that "translates" dog barks into English and tweets them out to the world.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC