More mobile network operators are placing their bets on the same next-generation mobile networking technology to offer users faster connections, according to a report from the Global Mobile Suppliers Association (GSA).
Cisco is looking to take popular social networking tools and tricks and bend and meld them into a platform that's focused on business.
Microsoft has announced that the first Service Pack for Windows 7 will be available as a public beta next month.
Gaming news is trickling out of Apple's annual tech conference, WWDC 2010, and the hot item of the hour is FarmVille for your iPhone. That's right -- you can now harvest your virtual crops and visit your friends' farms literally all the time.
HTC acquired a French company that makes software used by operators and phone makers to design mobile phone home screens.
Microsoft has added .NET Framework 4 support to the Windows Azure software development kit, making it easier for developers to build web applications in the cloud.
As the technology industry moves toward the cloud, users can ease the transition by adopting a hybrid computing model, said Bob Muglia, Microsoft's president of servers and tools, at the kickoff keynote speech at the company's TechEd 2010 event in Ne...
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has launched its Energy Star program for data centers, meaning companies can start applying today to see if their facility qualifies for an Energy Star logo.
The IT Department where Daniel Toth works won't let him use open source software because they believe it's a security risk. Is it?
A large-scale study of password-protected Web sites revealed a lack of standards across the industry that harms end-user security, according to two researchers working at the University of Cambridge in England.
Three years after being sued by Cisco Systems for giving its iPhone the same name as a Cisco product, Apple has taken another page from the Cisco playbook, renaming its iPhone operating system, iOS.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs on Monday announced the fourth-generation iPhone during a keynote speech at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
If you're wondering why Apple's latest phone is known as the "iPhone 4" instead of the more widely-used "iPhone 4G," it could be because the new device still relies on 3G connectivity.
As expected, Apple on Monday revealed video chat functionality on its newest smartphone, the iPhone 4 , which features a front-facing camera, although it only works over Wi-Fi.
Here are 10 things we love/hate about cloud automation tools.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- As with PCs, you can now customize Raspberry Pi-like computers
- Encrypted email service ProtonMail is now accessible over Tor
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- China Oceanwide, IDG Capital agree to acquire IDG
- EU antitrust regulators praise audiobooks deal from Apple, Amazon
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCAgile CoachWA