Ten years ago on Jan. 13, 2000, Microsoft's Bill Gates turned over the CEO reins to Steve Ballmer, who emphasized then that the Internet would be the target for much of the company's new software development efforts.
The policy of random laptop searches and seizures by U.S. government agents at border crossings is under attack again, with a pair of civil rights groups seeking potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit that challenges the practice.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
The number of office workers using their corporate network to illegally file-share has increased, says ScanSafe.
In the absence of a new version of Windows Mobile, LG said it plans to use Android on more than half its smartphones, despite a recent pledge to use primarily Microsoft's mobile operating system.
Australia's most popular online job-finding site, www.seek.com.au, is advertising a position for 'Biotic-Powered Super-Soldier' with the Cerberus organisation. The advertisement features a list of skill requirements, including familiarity with heavy ...
RealNetworks' founder, Rob Glaser, is stepping down from his role as CEO, the company announced on Wednesday.
Google's decision to take steps that may result in its having to leave China is an act of real courage and patriotism.
Google's threat to pull out of China in light of recent cyberattacks on its servers there comes at a time when Google is actually gaining share on Chinese search engine market leader Baidu.
Google and other enterprises still face a bleak computer security landscape that makes their companies vulnerable to hackers, whether they do business in China or not, analysts say.
Microsoft today said that retailers can continue to sell unmodified versions of Word 2007, even though a court order that required the company to remove custom XML technology from the software took effect Monday.
Salesforce.com's move this week to raise US$500 million through a debt offering has observers speculating the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor is set to go on a shopping spree, but opinions vary on exactly what one will entail.
RCA showed a prototype of its Wi-Fi Hotspot Power Harvester called Airnergy that's designed to convert Wi-Fi radio signals into DC power for charging small wireless devices such as smartphones.
A coordinated hacking campaign targeting Google, Adobe Systems and more than 30 other companies raises serious concerns, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Tuesday.
Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard have agreed to invest together to prepare customers for "the next generation of business computing," the companies' CEOs plan to announce later Wednesday in a joint teleconference.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW