Instant speech translation, a longtime dream of science-fiction writers, is already feasible in certain situations, vendors said at the Mobile Voice Conference in San Francisco on Thursday.
A hacker named Kirllos has a rare deal for anyone who wants to spam, steal or scam on Facebook: an unprecedented number of user accounts offered at rock-bottom prices.
HTML5, the budding specification for multimedia in Web applications, will not displace proprietary rich Internet technologies, such as Adobe Flash/Flex or Microsoft Silverlight, anytime soon, an analyst report released this week said.
Google has launched a free app for Android-based mobile phones that offers users turn-by-turn voice and visual navigation.
After distributing a buggy antivirus update that apparently disabled hundreds of thousands of computers on Wednesday, McAfee is still at a loss to explain exactly what happened.
One day after security vendor McAfee sent out a bad <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/042110-flawed-mcafee-update-paralyzes-corporate.html">antivirus update</a> that crippled corporate and consumer Windows-based computers, the suffering ...
Telecommunications carrier CenturyTel has agreed to buy Qwest Communications International for around US$10.6 billion in stock. The merged company will operate around 17 million phone lines and serve 5 million broadband customers across 37 U.S. state...
It's been about a year since Conficker/Downadup hit in 2009, and although the threat didn't turn out to be as grave as it had the potential to be, the 6.5 million PCs that remain infected today represent what Symantec Corp. calls a "loaded gun, waiti...
Appirio launched a new offer Thursday, pledging that if customers who use its "cloudsourcing" services to migrate entirely to public cloud applications and technologies don't save at least US$1 million per year, it will make up the difference.
The next version of Bluetooth will be frugal enough with power to run devices using button-cell batteries, the wireless standard's industry special interest group (SIG) has announced.
The iPad appears to be selling well in Asia despite the fact that Apple's official overseas launch isn't until the end of May, as specialty stores obtain them to resell at premium prices and travelers to the U.S. bring them home.
It's not just social networking anymore; it's social domination.
Scammers have quickly piggybacked onto news of a buggy McAfee antivirus update that clobbered thousands of computers, security researchers said today.
The PlayStation may have Major League Baseball, but the Xbox 360 could soon land its very own television channel, reports Bloomberg. No, not something agnostic like G4TV or another option in local cable packages, but something exclusive to the Xbox 3...
Nokia reported improved profits and revenue for the first quarter, but both numbers were below analysts' expectations. The company also lowered its operating margin outlook for 2010.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CC.NET DEVELOPERVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTQA - Business Development Lead (IT)Asia