Public Wi-Fi networks such as those in coffee shops and airports present a bigger security threat than ever to computer users because attackers can intercede over wireless to "poison" users' browser caches in order to present fake Web pages or even s...
It has been a long three and a half weeks since Google made the dramatic announcement that it will no longer censor its search results in China, even if that means exiting that huge Internet market.
The successor program to the notorious Zango spyware Toolbar is being used to target users of Mozilla's Firefox with fake browser updates, a security company has alleged.
The online video market continued to grow in December, as nearly 178 million U.S. Internet users watched 33.2 billion videos in the month alone, said comScore last week. When broken down, the numbers mean that 86.5 percent of total U.S. Internet user...
An analysis of real-world online behaviour has warned of the unsettling phenomenon that led to this week's high-profile Twitter login scare. Far too many people re-use the same logins for more than one site.
Demand for high-speed links to cell sites and homes will rejuvenate sales of optical network equipment this year and help to create a US$16.6 billion worldwide market for it by 2014, according to research firm Dell'Oro Group.
When the over-the-top hype met the reality of Apple's iPad, a majority of consumers decided they didn't need, and wouldn't buy, the new device, a survey published today said.
A New York man has sued security software maker Symantec for automatically renewing his subscription to Norton Antivirus, alleging that the company did not notify him before charging $US76 to his credit card.
An Indian national pleaded guilty Friday to conspiracy and aggravated identity-theft charges related to an international fraud scheme to hack into online brokerage accounts in the U.S. and use them to manipulate stock prices, the U.S. Department of J...
Huawei is planning to launch a number of Android-based devices, including smartphones and "home-use Internet devices" at Mobile World Congress, it said on Friday.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has agreed to review a controversial patent issued in 2001 that is claimed to cover much of the technology underlying VoIP.
Nearly half of businesses have had kit stolen by employees, according to survey by LANdesk. Forty-four percent of employees admit to having taken kit or intellectual property when leaving a company - with mobile phones topping the list of the most ha...
Microsoft is expanding its search arrangement with Facebook but reining in its advertising deal with the social-networking site.
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer plans to launch its own e-reader and a tablet PC to rival Apple's iPad in the second half of this year.
Thanks to a change in recipe, IBM has created a graphene-based processor that can execute 100 billion cycles per second (100GHz), almost four times the speed of previous experimental graphene chips.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT