Research has shown that almost 50,000 editors left online encyclopedia Wikipedia in the first quarter of this year: 10 times the number who deserted the site in the same period of 2008.
Microsoft has done more to popularize graphical programming than any other vendor. The company's development tools, led by Visual Basic and Visual Studio, have been used by millions of software developers over the past two decades.
A security firm has expressed incredulity at the news that the Australian prank hacker who wrote a program targeting Apple iPhone users has been given a job by an application developer.
Mininova, one of the largest peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing sites next to The Pirate Bay, has now removed most of its links to copyrighted content. The site complied with a Dutch court ruling from August. Mininova has said it is considering appealin...
PC Tools' Malware Research Center is warning web users of another online scam that hopes to piggyback on hype surrounding the new Twilight New Moon film.
Well, apparently there's no escaping Facebook.
With Bayonetta and Dark Void shining in January, and BioShock 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction shooting up February, the first quarter of 2010 is fast filling up with top-tier action titles. Square-Enix knows this, and has smartly slated Just Cause 2 ...
Sometimes I wonder if Famitsu gets angry about their pages getting scanned every week. The magazine doesn't really have to worry about US sales like magazines like GamePro and Game Informer do, so it's entirely possible that they treat leaked images ...
India plans to set up a centralized system to monitor communications on mobile phones, landlines and the Internet in the country, a minister told the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of Parliament, on Thursday.
Micro-blogging site Twitter is having a positive effect on the number of consumers using their mobile phone to access the web, says Novarra.
If your existing display just isn't cutting it any more, then it might be time to step up to Ostendo's 43-inch curved monitor. This long-awaited display is now available to buy for just under US$6,500.
Developers of the open-source Metasploit penetration testing toolkit have released code that can compromise Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser, but the software is not as reliable as first thought.
Indian outsourcer Wipro has set up a global services delivery center in Chengdu in southwest China, targeting customers in the U.S., Europe, and other markets outside the country.
Virtualisation specialist, Vizioncore claims to have slashed the cost of virtualisation disaster recovery. The company has launched vReplicator 3.0 with the aim of reducing the total cost of ownership of business continuity.
Taiwan's Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) showed off a number of flexible display screen technologies in Taipei on Thursday as part of a show promoting e-readers and e-paper.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC