Contrary to the claims of online marketers, most U.S. residents do not want to receive Web advertising tailored to their interests, according to a study released Wednesday by two universities.
Without a radical change in the way much of it is written, software, sadly, just can't go much faster anymore.
More and more fraudsters are harvesting the log-in data of Facebook members in order to impersonate them and ask their friends for money, according to the social-networking company.
Worldwide semiconductor sales will grow in 2010 as chip sales gain steam in response to stabilizing economies, analyst firm iSuppli said on Wednesday.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange is launching OXtender for Business Mobility, which adds support for push e-mail to mobile phones that use Microsoft's ActiveSync protocol, it said on Wednesday.
One in four business process outsourcers will not exist as independent organisations within three years, according to analyst group Gartner.
Nearly one year after being hacked by computer extortionists, pharmacy benefits management company Express Scripts now says hundreds of thousands of members may have had their information breached because of the incident.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has reached a new agreement with the U.S. Department of Commerce allowing the nonprofit greater independence, while giving more countries oversight of the organization.
Yahoo has updated the application platform of its Zimbra messaging and collaboration suite, making it possible for developers to create more sophisticated gadgets that can be integrated with the product more deeply.
Microsoft will block users running counterfeit copies of Windows from installing the free Security Essentials antivirus software, the head of the company's anti-piracy group said yesterday.
A press release from AMD today announces the development of an Open Physics Initiative, together with Pixelux Entertainment. Pixelux is the developer of the Digital Molecular Matter (DMM) physics system used first in LucasArts' Star Wars: The Force U...
Research firm Gartner is projecting that 20% of households worldwide will be connected to the Internet through a broadband connection by year-end.
There is no doubt that technology makes us more effective, engaged and productive workers. Technology also allows for flexibility in how, when, and where people work.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer received a 5.5% decrease in his overall compensation last year as the company suffered through its first-ever drop in overall revenue, according to documents filed with the SEC Tuesday.
The Wi-Fi Alliance is launching a certification program based on the completed IEEE 802.11n standard on Wednesday and looking toward a future peer-to-peer specification it is developing on its own.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD