Microsoft Tuesday issued two security updates detailing patches for applications in Windows and Office that the company deemed critical, because one of the vulnerabilities could sneak up on administrators via third-party software installations.
The next time you choose an emoticon to spice up a comment about a company, product or service online, know this: There's a chance that a software program is capturing the sentiment expressed by your smiley or frowny for analysis.
Mozilla plans to ship a beta of Firefox 4 next month, and a final by the end of November, a company executive said yesterday.
Mozilla, with its planned Firefox 4 browser, intends to make the browser "super-duper fast" and enable use of standard Web technologies including HTML5 and beyond, a Mozilla official said in a blog entry this week.
Twitter Tuesday confirmed that it is working on new features designed to help companies use the microblogging site to grow their business.
Toshiba will take its first step towards mass production of a new generation of memory chips later this year when it begins construction of a new factory in Japan.
Fujitsu will soon launch an all-in-one computer that can capture and display video images with the illusion of 3D.
Expanding PC sales in emerging market is increasing the rate of software piracy, according to a recent study by industry watchers.
The Herschel Space Observatory has made a major finding - a hole in space.
Despite the unrelenting hype around cloud computing, it's just one aspect of several that will shape the next generation of enterprise IT, according to Barry Briggs, CTO of Microsoft IT.
Google and Verizon are working on a tablet computer in hopes of competing with Apple's iPad, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.
Microsoft today patched two critical vulnerabilities in Office, the Visual Basic for Applications development tool and its Windows e-mail clients.
Jimmy Wales, co-founder of Wikipedia, has revoked some his site founder's privileges after contributors protested that he had deleted images of children without warning.
As Microsoft prepares to launch Office 2010, the latest version of its venerable productivity suite, Google is persuading longtime Office users to ditch Redmond's apps and upgrade to Google Docs instead.
The second man charged in 2006 computer attacks on The Planet and T35 Hosting has agreed to plead guilty.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersQLD
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Technical LeadVIC
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW