Application developers are eager to start building software for Apple's expected tablet, according to a just-published survey from Appcelerator, a maker of developer tools.
People logging on to their Twitter accounts this morning found a new feature waiting for them.
After hitting a grand slam with the iPhone, Apple can't be too happy with some of the early reaction to the iPad. On message boards, Twitter, blogs, and Facebook, a recurring theme has been to compare the device to a "giant iPod touch."
A move to the cloud will enable new kinds of applications that public safety and law enforcement agencies can use to do their jobs better, Microsoft’s CEO said during its annual Worldwide Public Safety Symposium on Wednesday.
If our experience here and the chatter on Twitter is any indication, then the answer is that it sure looks as though the Internet gagged on an iPad.
A recent Facebook feature can be exploited to be a cyber-bullying tool in the wrong hands, a security vendor warns.
GamePro is reporting live from Apple's press event--check out our feed here. At the event, the company has just announced a device called the iPad, which seemingly merges two of the company's most popular products--the iPhone and the Macbook.
Software developers already building applications for Apple's wildly popular iPhone are gearing up for the new Apple tablet device announced today, anticipating new opportunities for their software as well as tweaks they will have to make to their co...
Very soon, we'll know whether Apple has changed the world again. The company has scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m. Eastern time today. For months now, the rumor mills and blogosphere have been abuzz with speculation that Apple will debut a new ...
A widely deployed system intended to reduce on-line payment card fraud is fraught with security problems, according to University of Cambridge researchers.
Facebook will have another first under its belt tonight.
Twitter appears to have mostly held up under the barrage of tweets hitting the micro-blogging site during Apple's announcement of the iPad today.
I heard a rumor that everyone's sick of hearing rumors about the Apple tablet. I hate to speculate, but I'm pretty sure this one is true.
The new version of Sybase's flagship database system software, released Wednesday, will be the first version that can be run entirely within working memory.
Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC