Google has released an early version of a new type of database whose approach to data management will be revolutionary, according to an analyst who has studied the technology behind it.
Ample SDK, a GUI toolkit for building cross-browser, client-side applications through a "natural and efficient" development experience, is set to make its debut as a 1.0 release on November 1, the founder of the project said on Thursday.
The next generation of Intel Corp.'s Atom family of processors will eschew a faster CPU in favor of an architectural overhaul that Intel and at least one analyst say will result in better performance over today's Atom-based netbooks and net-top PCs.
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - The co-designer of the Internet's basic architecture, Vinton Cerf, said the Internet "still lacks many of the features that it needs," particularly in security, in a blunt talk to a tech industry crowd here.
Microsoft Corp. is preparing to launch a public beta of Morro, the free antimalware it announced last November, according to a report by the Reuters news service.
The Apache Shale Web application framework project has been retired due to inactivity, according to a bulletin from Apache on Thursday.
While Google is in hot pursuit of an enterprise e-mail business, the announced support this week for Outlook as a client interface for Gmail does little to distinguish the vendor from other players chasing top-dog Microsoft.
Mac clone maker Psystar owes Apple Inc. US$75,000, according to recently filed documents in the Florida company's federal bankruptcy case.
The Kindle DX, which started shipping only yesterday, is now listed by Amazon.com Inc. as out of stock until June 17.
Microsoft bent to pressure from European Union antitrust regulators today, saying that it will ship Windows 7 to the EU market this fall minus Internet Explorer 8. The company made the call this week to keep Windows 7's European ship date in sync wit...
Mobile broadband users in the UK on average receive speeds of less than 1Mbps, says Epitiro.
People using Facebook in business need to mark their calendars for this Saturday in order to claim their real names on Facebook, if for no other reason than to do it before someone else does.
Fans of the classic "Doom" series may want to preorder the new iPhone 3G S immediately, because the venerable first-person shooter game is coming to the smartphone next week.
Ask smartphone users anywhere in the U.S. what they think of their wireless carriers, and you will get an earful.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW