Absolute Software has added a new feature to its Computrace Lojack anti-theft software that can remotely turn a stolen laptop into a useless, non-bootable 'brick'.
Although 802.11n Wi-Fi technology was found in less than 1 percent of Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones last year, in 2014 at least 87 percent of Wi-Fi-capable smartphones, such as Apple's iPhone, will feature this latest of the 802.11 protocols.
Google and T-Mobile USA today reacted to hundreds of online complaints about the Nexus One smartphone and confusing customer support for the device, with a Google spokesperson characterizing the complaints as having come from a "small group of custom...
Nexus One mobile phone users, already outraged about inconsistent 3G coverage and confusing customer service, joined with bloggers today to gripe about a $350 equipment recovery fee Google is imposing on phones that are returned before 120 days and a...
U.S. copyright law should be updated to better reflect the changing ways that mashup artists and other new content creators use existing works, some participants in the first World's Fair Use Day said.
While a study last year found use of Facebook has led to lower grades among college students, a survey of University of New Hampshire students released this week concluded that the popular social network is not keeping them up at night.
The group that took down Twitter.com last month has apparently claimed another victim: China's largest search engine Baidu.com.
Game Jam events are held by various companies across the country every year, but January 2010 marks the first time language software company Rosetta Stone joins the fray.
While the number of users on Twitter, Facebook and other social-networking sites continues to grow, business intelligence practitioners remain skeptical about the value of knowledge such services could generate, if one survey by a data warehousing fi...
Aruba Networks is adding support for wired networks to the next version of its AirWave network management tool, it said on Monday.
The owner of a Dallas-based Internet service provider that was raided last April has been charged with participating in a conspiracy to defraud more than US$15 million from companies such as Verizon, AT&T and XO Communications.
IBM garnered 4914 U.S. patents in 2009, setting an all-time high for Big Blue and maintaining its lead against competitors such as Samsung with 3611 patents and Microsoft with 2906.
Google is apologizing after it mistakenly e-mailed potentially sensitive business data last week to other users of its business listings service.
The worst is over for technology spending and the sector is set to rebound this year, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
VMware is poised Tuesday to further redefine its cloud strategy by buying Yahoo's Zimbra open source messaging business in order to expand its stake in the platform-as-a-service market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD