Google has started supporting a click-to-call feature in AdWords on mobile smartphones.
A new study by the Highway Loss Data Institute indicates that laws preventing motorists from texting or using handheld cell phones while driving haven't led to a large drop in the number of vehicle crashes.
Nokia and Apple were the big winners as the sale of mobile phones rebounded during the fourth quarter. Consumers, meanwhile, stand to get more choice and better value for money as competition heats up, especially in the smartphone segment.
According to researchers at Kaspersky Lab, cybercriminals are trying to sell hacked Twitter user names and passwords on-line for hundreds of dollars.
A Government Accountability Office report this week called on the Transportation Security Administration to ensure that the controversial Whole Body Imager undergo thorough operational and vulnerability testing.
The Danish Parliament has decided on a set of rules to which open document formats must adhere if they are to be used by state authorities after April 1, 2011, Denmark's Liberal Party said on Friday.
Google has announced that Google Docs will drop support for Microsoft's nearly nine-year-old Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) browser starting on March 1.
Toshiba cut its full-year sales predictions on Friday as a result of continued weakness in the global economy.
Apple's iPad, announced Wednesday, has already led to one complaint to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission in which a consumer charged Apple with false advertising by showing Adobe Flash working on the device.
Google will phase out support for Microsoft's Internet Explorer 6 Web browser starting in March, the company said Friday.
These eight apps allow you to open a shell, run a shell script, tap the Linux command line, or otherwise put your Android-based smartphone to productive use. Most are available in free editions, and none will set you back more than a few dollars.
Intel and Micron plan to unveil new 25-nanometer flash memory chips on Monday via their IM Flash Technologies joint venture, the first commercial chip products made using advanced 25nm manufacturing technology.
Cisco Systems has gotten the ball rolling toward interoperability among all high-end videoconferencing platform by licensing the Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) to other vendors, but the ability to plug any two systems together may be a ...
Intel, looking to be a leader in the green energy movement, is getting ready to begin construction on eight solar power installations in separate facilities in four states.
U.S. federal authorities arrested a 26-year-old man on Thursday for allegedly selling modified cable modems that enabled free Internet access, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT