Agile software development processes, in which software is built in short iterations rather than mapped out fully in advance, have joined the mainstream of development approaches, according to a Forrester Research report released this week.
Organisations looking to introduce virtualisation should look at timescales to implement projects as it will take longer to achieve any return on investment.
A start-up teaming up with IBM to build "Microsoft-free" virtual desktops and deliver them through a cloud computing model has secured $4 million in first-round venture financing.
A third of enterprises are looking to move to desktop virtualisation according to research from desktop services specialist Centrix. More than three-quarters of the respondents said that cost reduction was the prime driver for the move to the technol...
An Apple tablet computer, expected to be introduced next week, will run on both AT&T and Verizon Wireless 3G networks, but two industry sources warned today to not assume Verizon is on board.
Google today announced the latest addition to Google Maps in the form of the first Street View Trike in the Southern Hemisphere. The trike will capture off-road locations not accessible via cars.
The Vista Kernal Patch Protection feature, known as PatchGuard, is intended by Microsoft to prevent modifying system structures for purpose of intercepting system calls, said Bruce McCorkendale, Symantec's distinguished engineer.
Mozilla's new Firefox 3.6 is about 15% faster than its predecessor, Firefox 3.5, but still is a slowpoke compared to the current speed demons, Apple's Safari and Google's Chrome, benchmark tests show.
Workshare this week unveiled software designed to help companies keep sensitive information from being copied or distributed without authorization via portable devices.
Chinese computer users are five times more likely than U.S. users to be targeted by hackers exploiting the just-patched bug in Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a Web metrics company said today.
Researchers in the United Kingdom are deploying a trial network of wireless sensors intended to help predict river flooding.
Flash-based memory is still too expensive to be a data center's primary storage technology, but solid-state disks may ultimately replace mechanical hard disk drives, says Hitachi Data Systems' CTO Hu Yoshida.
With the economy in a downturn, it's no surprise that companies have been slashing travel budgets. But at MetLife, officials say the focus is also on employees' quality of life, keeping them home as much as possible.
The clock is winding down to the big reveal on Wednesday at Apple's major press event. It could be an iSlate, or an iSlab, or an iTablet, or perhaps even an iPod Tablet Edition.
Google is making it easier for people to find factual answers and event information directly in its search engine results, as it continues evolving and enhancing its core product, the company said Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW