The 43rd floor of the Spear Tower in downtown San Francisco is empty. Possibly because of the slumping economy, there's just a big, open office space with unfinished white walls overlooking a million-dollar view. It was an appropriate setting for Lun...
Oracle and Sun Microsystems have been granted an extra week to defend their planned US$7 billion merger in front of European regulators, the European Commission said Friday.
The judge in the copyright infringement case pitting the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) against Google and its book search program has set a date for the final hearing on the parties' controversial settlement proposal.
Twitter is now allowing its externally built applications to provide geolocation features to end-users, after announcing its intention to do so in August.
Mobile phone giant Nokia on Friday said it will cut up to 330 people from its research and development staff.
A senior Dell executive is bullish about a recovery in PC demand from businesses, saying the Oct. 22 release of Windows 7 sparked a surge in PC sales for the company.
A hacker has posted attack code that could be used to break into a PC running older versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft's next browser, Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), will offload image and text rendering chores to the PC's graphic processor, one way the company plans to increase the browser's overall performance, according to the firm's top IE manager.
Virtualisation is unarguably one of the biggest trends of the past few years, and open-source software has been on the IT radar for a while now. So does that make open-source virtualisation twice as much of a good thing?
An anonymous hacker has posted private e-mails, files and other documents belonging to a noted climate researcher, sparking an international debate between skeptics of global warming and those who see it as an urgent problem.
Google plans to upgrade its YouTube video streaming Web site to provide support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol.
Hackers are exploiting the web users searching for information about the Twilight New Moon film, due to be released this week, in a bid to spread malware, says PC Tools.
An Intel Corp. investor, frustrated that the chip maker has been hit with $2.7 billion in fines and settlement payments, has filed suit in U.S. District Court in Delaware against the company and its top executives.
Supercomputing technology, according to Al Gore, will help the human race reverse climate change, both by aiding the expansion of renewable energy use and by creating models that help people understand the severity of global warming.
Capcom's upcoming flight-shooter Dark Void isn't even out yet (it's due January 12) but it's already attracted the attention of Hollywood elite. Capcom announced earlier today that they had reached an agreement with Brad Pitt's film production compan...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC