The BlackBerry Partners Fund, launched earlier this year, announced its first investments in companies that support mobile commerce, help travelers and offer location-based entertainment information.
Increased power efficiency alone won't be sufficient to turn data centers truly "green," Gartner said Wednesday in advance of a major data center conference.
IBM researchers have come up with a small device they like to call "security on a stick" for use in online banking so customers plugging into any computer can protect transactions and find out if Trojan malware is trying to steal funds.
The line between virtual reality and its flesh-and-blood cousin blurred a little this week as a 43-year-old Tokyo woman was jailed for murdering her virtual ex-husband's avatar.
Microsoft has given a preview of its forthcoming Office online product to delegates at its Professional Developer Conference.
Microsoft's plans to change a controversial security feature in Windows 7 are only cosmetic, nothing more than "lipstick on UAC," a developer of enterprise rights management tools said Wednesday.
Yahoo is making good on its promise to rewire itself by opening its data and tools to developers so they can build customized applications.
Apple's anti-Vista response last week to its rival's "I'm a PC" marketing campaign blunted the impact of Microsoft's efforts, an Internet video metrics firm said Wednesday.
Nokia continues to push its gaming platform N-Gage, announcing new games at the Nokia Games Summit in Rome on Wednesday. More games and mobile phones with embedded support for the platform are needed for the N-Gage to become a success, according to a...
After about five months of collecting information on whether Mars can sustain life, NASA scientists have started to shut down heaters, scientific instruments and even the robotic arm onboard the Phoenix Mars Lander.
Mozilla is considering just two more security updates for Firefox 2.0 before it retires the browser at the end of this year.
While injuries can occur in any workplace, when something happens at an IT-related business, women employees are more likely to get hurt, according to data from the US Department of Labor.
Hewlett-Packard's jump into the mini-laptop market continues this week's bubble of activity in the so-called netbook business.
Aruba Networks on Tuesday publicly launched programs to find new uses for Wi-Fi networks, explore future possibilities for wireless networks and study mobile computing's impact on the environment.
Activision Tuesday released its first official statement regarding scattered reports of Guitar Hero: World Tour drum kit sensitivity issues.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC