It's been a big week for social networking.
Wipro achieved revenue growth in its IT services business in the quarter ended Dec. 31, indicating that demand for outsourced services is picking up but is not yet at levels seen before the recession, it said Wednesday.
The FBI was so cavalier -- and telecom companies so eager to help -- that a verbal request or even one written on a Post-it note was enough for operators to hand over customer phone records, according to a damning report released on Wednesday by the ...
Web content providers based in the U.S. should think twice before entering the Chinese market, given a track record of censorship and attempts by the government there to monitor the Internet activities of dissidents, a group of China watchers said We...
Google's investigation of a cyberattack that rocked the company's infrastructure in mid-December includes a probe of its staff in China, a source familiar with the investigation said on Monday.
Samsung Electronics and Rambus on Tuesday announced they had settled outstanding claims over licensing, which should net Rambus more than US$700 million over the next five years.
Responding to its widely reported and massive data breach that took place a year ago, Heartland Payment Systems will be moving to an end-to-end encryption system for payment transactions, according to Chairman and CEO Robert Carr.
Hoping to get a bigger piece of the U.S. defense budget, IBM announced Wednesday that it is buying security and analytics consultancy National Interest Security Company for an undisclosed sum.
Cloud computing vendors need to band together to create rules on privacy and security or face the prospect of having the U.S. Congress pass regulations, Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith said Wednesday.
The New York Times will start charging readers to access some of its Web site's content next year, hoping such a move will complement its online advertising revenue, it said on Wednesday.
Startup ViVu has released a software plug-in for Skype that allows the popular Internet calling service to be used for multipoint videoconferencing.
Mobile broadband comes in different flavors, and the options are growing. Users can connect to the Internet through 3G networks, but now WiMax capabilities are being added to many laptops. WiMax (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) is a ...
The Bethesda v. Interplay case centers on a dispute about a Fallout massively multiplayer online game license, but court documents suggest there may be an Elder Scrolls MMO in the works as well.
A corporate security specialist on motives and tactics Jerry Mangiarelli has gained a lot of private-sector perspective on the DDoS threat over the years through his own personal research into botnets.
Attacks on the cloud could cause major global outages and the service providers are now quietly worried at the potential for chaos, a survey of the sector has found.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTTest ManagerACT