The global market for mobile phones surged in the first quarter, growing by nearly 22% over a year earlier when the market had declined markedly in the midst of a recession.
A decade after the Love Bug virus attacked millions of computers worldwide and put the Philippines in the IT world map in a negative way, computer security experts have noticed that today's computer attacks are more malicious than the original comput...
A full year into its 'smarter planet' initiative, IT behemoth IBM is now pushing nations to adopt its government industry framework, which seeks to translate the same streamlined processes found in most enterprises into the public sector.
Google has explained how it might use its status as an energy-trading company to increase the use of renewable energy sources in its data centers.
The IT managed services market in India is growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.8 per cent, according to IT market research specialist Springboard Research's newly released report 'Indian Managed IT Services Market'."
You might be an Apple addict if...
The iPhone-Gate saga just gets more intriguing: According to reports from Wired and CNet, two of the major players involved in the sale of the iPhone prototype to tech blog Gizmodo have now been identified.
A merged Hewlett-Packard and Palm will have a long way to go before it can challenge the likes of Nokia, Apple, Research In Motion (RIM) and HTC in the European market, according to analysts.
U.S. office buildings aren't as smart as they could be, and companies are paying the price in wasted energy, high operating costs and lost productivity, according to new research from IBM.
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer believes its popular Eee PC netbook family will continue to attract more buyers than tablet devices such as Apple's iPad.
After four days of deliberation, a federal jury today convicted 22-year-old David C. Kernell of two charges stemming from a 2008 break-in of an e-mail account used by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.
Intel's plan to improve its Atom processor line, including the launch of a dual-core version this quarter, could help sustain demand for mobile products including netbooks.
Despite concerns that it is far from being finished, HTML5 is ready for use, at least for most platforms and for most duties, asserted a Google developer.
While Twitter tends to get lumped in with other social-networking sites, a group of Korean researchers has analyzed how people use the service and found that it more closely resembles a traditional news media outlet.
It was made public to the world by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer himself but an unconfirmed report now says that HP is ditching Windows 7 from its high-profile but unreleased Slate tablet computer.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW