Before CES, Macworld Expo, Comdex, or Computex, game-changing inventions often made their public debut at the World's Fair. Since the London World Exposition of 1851, this celebration of culture and science has introduced countless marvels to the mas...
The former president of Chi Mei Optoelectronics has agreed to pay a fine and go to jail for his role in a scheme to fix prices for TFT-LCDs (thin-film transistor-liquid crystal displays), the U.S. Department of Justice said Friday.
Users on Palm blogs were generally euphoric about Wednesday's announcement that HP will buy the struggling smartphone maker in a deal worth US$1.2 billion. But there were skeptics, who offered cautions and raised concerns, ranging from HP's deftness ...
Arcam today announced a new music system in its high-end audio visual range: the Solo neo. In addition to an internal CD player and radio tuner, the Arcam Solo neo boasts network audio capabilities which allow it to play stored music in a variety of ...
Qantas has launched a mobile check-in service for domestic flights. Qantas customers will be able to check-in to their domestic flights remotely via Web-enabled mobiles from July when the service starts in Perth. Customers can check-in between 24 hou...
Users have uncovered a software glitch that affects the GPS functions in the HTC Desire smartphone has been uncovered.
Acer plans to launch a full line of mobile Internet devices (MIDs) by the end of May in a bid to boost profitability and add to its mobile device offerings.
LaCie has announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives: the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0; combining the fast speeds of USB 3.0 and the company's rugged design. LaCie says that the Rugged USB 3.0 is one the most power-efficient and...
Samsung is set to be the only manufacturer to have 3D TVs on the Australian market in time for Channel Nine's 3D broadcast of the State of Origin.
For the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9176060/Childs_found_guilty_in_SF_network_password_case">second time this week</a> , companies are getting a stark reminder of the danger posed to <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article...
Major third party publisher Activision and famed Halo developer Bungie have announced that they have entered into a 10-year exclusive partnership, in which Bungie will create new IP for Activision.
GPS manufacturer TomTom has launched a free online route planner for Australians. The service lets users plan a journey and offers an estimate of how long the trip will take.
Sony introduced three new upcoming products for its audio lineup this Wednesday, all of which offer to bring so-called 3D sound to the home.
Canonical officials are emphasizing software vendor support in the release this week of upgrades to the company's Ubuntu open source Linux platform.
Google's top energy executive has offered some simple steps for making data centers more energy-efficient, including raising the thermostat to 27 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit) to cut down on cooling costs.
Take home a Crucial® MX300 Solid State Drive this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations Specialist - Hobart/LauncestonTAS
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW