OK, you've virtualized as much as you can. Now what? Consolidating physical servers through virtualization doesn't address underlying complexities because it doesn't reduce the total number of servers you're managing. Here are three tips for taking i...
The recession may have forced Media General Inc. to scale back its grand plans for server virtualization in 2009, but like many other businesses, the communications company is planning a major push to make up lost ground this year.
Interest in Google's Chrome OS is heating up with the emergence of new rumors about specs for an upcoming netbook. The device would supposedly have a 10.1 TFT HD-ready multitouch display; 2GB RAM; and WiFi, Bluetooth, and 3G connectivity. As if that...
A China Mobile executive is being investigated by Chinese authorities for suspected "serious personal violations," the company said Sunday.
Mac clone maker Psystar last week indefinitely suspended sales of its only product, a US$50 utility that lets customers install Apple's Snow Leopard operating system on generic Intel-based computers.
China's state news channel has blamed hugely popular online games for problems including drug addiction, teen pregnancy and even murder this month as regulators crack down on allegedly harmful content in games.
The Steam Holiday Sale began this week, and will run through until Sunday January 3, 2010. If you're looking to buy a gift, Steam offers gifting functionality so you can send a code to friends or family for specific PC games, and this is made all the...
As e-readers such as the Amazon Kindle continue to rise, so follows the publishing industry's worst nightmare: e-book piracy. For years e-book piracy was the exclusive province of the determined few willing to ferret out mostly nerdy textbook titles ...
Internet users in Northern California were unable to reach properties including Amazon.com and Amazon Web Services for a time Wednesday evening, as their DNS provider was targeted by a distributed denial-of-service attack. The attack came as North Am...
Unit shipments of personal computers in Japan registered their third straight month of gains in November based on year-ago levels, an industry association said Thursday.
Facebook has seen an almost fourfold increase in the number of visitors to its Web site from Japan in the last year but the site still lags far behind market-leader Mixi, according to data released on Thursday by NetRatings Japan.
Twitter has enhanced geolocation services provided on its messaging service by buying Mixer Labs, the company said on Wednesday.
Signal Hill analyst Todd Greenwald issued a commentary this morning about Take Two Interactive's prospects for 2010, noting (with a firm grasp of the obvious) that Bioshock 2 was the company's best bet for success next year. "The original was one of ...
Steal an Xbox 360, don't forget to disable the auto sign-in feature before going online. That's the lesson high-tech crooks are probably gleaning from today's New York Post brief about a thief, 22-year-old Jeremy Gilliam, apprehended after logging in...
There's a 50-50 chance that Apple will introduce its first tablet-sized device next month, a noted Wall Street analyst said today.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW