Google's revenue and profits grew in the fourth quarter, which ended Dec. 31, 2009, and exceeded Wall Street's expectations, capping a year in which the search company did well despite the global economic turmoil.
Camran Ashraf, an Iranian-American digital activist, was encouraged by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's anticensorship speech Thursday.
Microsoft's top legal official yesterday called on the US Congress to create new laws that would give data stored in the cloud the same protections as data stored on a PC. He also called for tougher penalties for hackers who access data centers, citi...
As if joining Twitter and rejoining Facebook in the same week weren't enough, Bill Gates has now launched a Web site on which he can share his thoughts.
A federal judge has killed class-action allegations in a lawsuit that accused Microsoft of misleading consumers when it fed them anti-piracy software under the auspices of a critical security update, according to court documents.
Analysts are mixed on whether Nortel, the disintegrating telecom titan, will survive in some form or die off, becoming a distant memory of a bygone era and century.
No one should be surprised that the big action in the CPU market this year will be in the mobile and low-power processor segments.
Computer users with rudimentary skills will be able to program via screen shots rather than lines of code with a new graphical scripting language called Sikuli that was devised at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Following Google’s decision to postpone the launch of a new Motorola Android phone in China, Motorola announced services and partnerships that will enable it to pursue the Chinese market without Google.
A patch to the Star Trek Online beta adds a lot of new things and fixes a ton of gameplay issues -- but the big ticket item is an added voice over from Leonard Nimoy, the original Spock. Players are treated to the sound of Spock via an audio journal ...
The European Commission granted Oracle an unconditional approval to take over Sun Microsystems on Thursday, following a controversial and drawn out examination of the deal.The deal still awaits approval in other jurisdictions, including Russia and Ch...
YouTube is taking its first steps into the online movie-rental business, starting with a handful of films from the Sundance Film Festival that it will offer on its Web site starting this weekend.
Amazon has unveiled a new royalty plan that will allow book publishers and authors to make more money off of e-books sold for the Kindle e-reader.
More than half of storage customers in a recent survey say they are considering offloading some of their storage needs to cloud providers, despite concerns about security.
Japanese consumers will be the first in the world to get their hands on Sony Ericsson's new Xperia X10 smartphone when it goes on sale here in April through carrier NTT DoCoMo, the companies said Thursday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW