Cisco Systems Wednesday announced the first TelePresence videoconferencing rooms available for public use, demonstrating the technology simultaneously for reporters in four locations in India, the US and the UK.
Intel president and CEO Paul Otellini has assured customers that the IT industry is not about to enter a "post-dotcom downturn", after the company announced earnings were up in the third quarter, narrowly beating analyst expectations.
With a faltering economy resulting in increased jobs cuts and corporate belt tightening, security analysts are warning companies to be especially vigilant about protecting their data and networks against disgruntled employees.
A reformatting error in an Excel spreadsheet has cropped up in the largest bankruptcy case in US history, prompting a legal motion by Barclays Capital to amend its deal to buy some of the assets of Lehman Brothers Holdings.
A team of NASA engineers and scientists completed a remote switchover from a failed computer in the Hubbard Space Telescope (HST) to an onboard backup system Wednesday.
OpenOffice.org Monday released the first version of its open-source application suite written for Mac OS X.
Apple Tuesday unveiled an entirely new lineup of laptop Macs, carved from blocks of aluminum for strength and lower costs, and equipped with powerful graphics chipsets.
A team including former Google, Yahoo and Facebook employees is launching a startup that will provide professional support for Hadoop, an open-source computing platform that makes it easier to write programs that process large amounts of data.
Exploding amounts of digital information and an ongoing transition to a so-called "information economy" will necessitate a new, more holistic approach to storage, speakers at the Storage Networking World conference said this week.
Opera Software on Wednesday revealed a search engine that indexes structural information about Web pages so Web developers and standards bodies can see what technologies are being used to build Web sites and how they are being used.
Google and Yahoo are in early settlement negotiations with the US Department of Justice in an effort to avoid an antitrust challenge to a proposed search advertising deal between the two companies, the Wall Street Journal reported this week.
Adobe Systems is shipping its Adobe Flash Player 10 software this week, featuring built-in 3D capabilities as well as the ability for developers to add their own special effects.
With the economy in turmoil, a lot of people who are looking to buy PCs are increasingly turning to cheap, low-power mini laptops.
Microsoft is objecting to a plan that would force the company to use its Windows Update service to notify potential members in the "Windows Vista Capable" class-action lawsuit, according to documents filed in federal court Wednesday.
About two dozen nations have developed cyber-attack capabilities and have their eyes on targets inside the US government or businesses, the top cybercrime law enforcement official in the US said.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW