Oracle, which spent $US7.4 billion to acquire once-high-flying Sun Microsystems, has been losing prominent Sun technologists since shortly after the deal was forged. The acquisition was supposed to give Oracle control not only over such technologies ...
Apple today quietly refreshed its entry-level MacBook laptop, boosting the processor speed and inserting a longer-life battery.
Oracle has expanded Sun Microsystems' Netra server lineup by pilfering a blade system from the enterprise side of Sun's server business and certifying it for use by the telecommunications industry.
Microsoft will stop selling the Response Point phone system on Aug. 31 this year, as it clears the way for Microsoft Office Communications Server to be the vendor's primary VoIP platform.
The big-screen HDTV is looking more like an oversized smartphone every day--only without the mobility. Not only are Internet-enabled models that run Web applications becoming commonplace, but HDTV apps stores from top manufacturers like Samsung are ...
Kindle software for some Android smartphones will soon be available for free, granting access to 500,000 Kindle e-books, according to Amazon.com.
A German court injunction temporarily left file-sharing site The Pirate Bay without a bandwidth provider, but thanks to the Swedish Pirate Party the site came back online Tuesday.
Cloud computing has great benefits for businesses but legal uncertainties threaten to hamper adoption, said a group of lawyers speaking during a seminar in Seattle this week.
Visa expects soon to begin trials of contactless payments system for Apple's iPhone, using a special case for the phone developed by DeviceFidelity.
The U.S. House of Representatives has cut its electricity bill by about US$2,000 a day, thanks to efforts in virtualization and server consolidation.
SAP's co-CEOs pushed two central messages during a keynote address Tuesday at the Sapphire conference running simultaneously in Frankfurt and Orlando: They are working hard to earn customers' trust and to build out a technology strategy encompassing ...
NASA is making one final effort to detect signs of life in the Mars Lander, which scientists fear has frozen to death on the surface of the Red Planet.
The CodePlex Foundation, the open-source projects initiative funded by Microsoft, has appointed a technical director, Stephen Walli.
Intel has announced it is shipping to equipment manufacturers its 25-nanometer (nm) NAND flash memory chip, which doubles the capacity of its previous 34nm chip.
Worldwide enterprise IT spending across all industry markets will rise 4.1% this year, surpassing $US2.4 trillion for all of 2010, Gartner is predicting.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW