By recommending that users exclude some file extensions and folders from antivirus scans, Microsoft may put users at risk, a security company said today.
Hundreds of UK Fujitsu employees went on strike last week in the first ever national walkout at an IT company.
Cloud computing won a big endorsement in 2009 from the city of Los Angeles when it decided to adopt Google Apps, and many other state and local governments may soon follow with their own cloud approaches, according to a new survey by Input Inc.
NASA’s space shuttle Endeavour is closed for the Christmas holiday but plenty of work is going on around it.
Avaya, which promotes itself as a software company, is trimming back even more on its line of hardware with the elimination of wireless headsets to go with its unified communications infrastructure.
Google is in a really big hurry to make the Web experience faster.
Intel unveiled a trio of new Atom processors and a new chipset today. The new Intel chips will enable hardware vendors to create smaller, cooler, more power efficient netbooks and nettops (the desktop equivalent of a netbook).
Businesses considering Android as a corporate handset standard should consider the decision carefully, because it may prove hard to justify later on.
James Cameron's hotly anticipated 3D movie, "Avatar," hits theaters across the U.S. today. Besides stunning computer generated imagery and a predictable-but-appealing storyline, the movie will become well known for high-quality 3D.
In the last couple of newsletters we discussed some of the long-standing concepts that underlie cloud computing. We also discussed a few somewhat newer concepts, such as the dynamic movement of virtual machines (VM). In this newsletter we will discus...
Red Hat is dropping support for Intel's Itanium processor in Enterprise Linux 6, the next major release of its operating system, the company said in a statement on Sunday.
Only a few wisps of storage news this week from EMC, Virtual Instruments and start-ups Gridstore and Nasuni.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight, bendable batteries out of paper.
Is the problem a bad set of user requirements? Poor business alignment? No. According to software architect Roger Sessions, the primary cause of software project failures is complexity.
Intel’s Atom N450 processor (otherwise known as Intel’s Pine Trail platform) makes its debut in MSI’s latest Wind netbook offering. The MSI Wind U130 and the MSI Wind Special Edition Millions U135 will feature the new CPU platform, which has a graphi...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW