Apple is in talks with HarperCollins Publishers about offering e-books for the upcoming Apple tablet device, a news report said late Monday.
Click fraud, a practice that dilutes the efficacy of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns run in search engines like Google, stayed relatively low in the fourth quarter, according to a study.
Researchers have created attack code that exploits a zero-day vulnerability in Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) as well as in the newest IE8 -- even when Microsoft's recommended defensive measure is turned on.
China on Tuesday denied any role in alleged cyberattacks on Indian government offices, calling China itself the biggest victim of hackers.
Microsoft announced plans to cut the length of time it stores IP addresses of Web searchers using its Bing search engine from 18 months to six in a bid to improve its privacy track record.
Asustek Computer launched its newest netbook on Tuesday, a stylish device with faux alligator hide casing and two slender, easy-to-change batteries that the company says will run for six hours each.
EMC has announced a new higher-density configuration of its Clariion CX4 midrange storage array and Celerra network-attached storage (NAS) gateway device, offering twice the capacity of previous systems in half the floor space.
CIOs working to return to business growth have made technologies such as virtualization, cloud computing, Web 2.0, networking and mobility top priorities for 2010, according to research released Tuesday by Gartner.
SQL Server 2008 R2, the latest version of Microsoft's flagship database, will be generally available in May, the company said Tuesday.
Microsoft today announced that it will issue an emergency security update for Internet Explorer (IE), but postponed setting a ship date for the fix until tomorrow.
Apple's tablet, now expected to be unveiled next week, will likely sport a 7-inch screen in its first iteration, with a 10-inch model following to make it a credible productivity platform, an Apple hardware expert predicts.
A recent Twitter post from the official Mass Effect 2 feed indicates the game will have free DLC when the game releases later in the month. The post states "BioWare will not be charging extra for any new Mass Effect 2 content on launch day." The post...
One in five women have dumped their partner because of their web or gaming habits, says MyVoucherCodes.
Today's CIOs may get blindsided by a technology they don't often think about: video, specifically high-definition video in the enterprise, according to CIO coach and consultant Jim Anderson, head of Blue Elephant Consulting in Tampa, Fla.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC