Just as the use of Microsoft Excel and Access grew at unfettered rates in the 1990s - often under IT's radar - the vendor's Office SharePoint Server is spreading quickly through large companies as a development platform for users, according to a new ...
VMware Tuesday said it will offer the small-footprint version of its ESX virtualization software free, responding to pressure from Microsoft and other companies that are threatening VMware's lead in the virtualization market.
VMware reported revenue that slightly missed analyst expectations for its 2008 second quarter, a crucial period during which the virtualization leader ousted its cofounder from the CEO spot and lowered its revenue forecast for the year.
Intel on Tuesday will unveil at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON) in the US, what it described as a substantial upgrade to Intel Threading Building Blocks. TBB 2.1, a developer tool that features a C++ template library for Windows, Mac OS X...
Apple executives Monday brushed off questions about iPhone shortages, saying they are "very pleased" with their efforts to ramp up production.
American Airlines has dropped its trademark infringement lawsuit against Google, which claimed the Internet company used the airline's trademark to trigger paid advertisements for other companies.
Mozilla Tuesday set Friday as the ship date for the first preview edition of Firefox 3.1, the fast-track update it hopes to polish off by late this year or early in 2009.
IBM/Lotus is banking on the integration of its Sametime platform and collaboration software with tools from telephony partners to fuel its climb up the ranks of unified communications contenders.
Brocade's proposed US$3 billion acquisition of Foundry Networks this week would create a stronger data center competitor to Cisco while raising the stakes even higher for other Ethernet switch companies.
Trading in shares in ASX-listed PC manufacturer, Optima (ASX: OPI) has been suspended pending the release of an announcement about its future.
Wholesale voice and data access regulation may be cut back or scrapped in heavily serviced areas following results from an Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) report.
Apple reported solid third-quarter earnings on Monday, buoyed by strong iPod and iPhone sales, but a weak forecast for the fourth quarter pushed its stock lower in after-hours trading.
A computer security company on Monday inadvertently published details of a major flaw in the Internet's Domain Name System (DNS) several weeks before they were due to be disclosed.
The ACCC has issued a statement regarding the charges associated with mobile data usage. Released yesterday, the statement warns that customers with 3G mobile phones can face high fees once they exceed their monthly data allowance.
E-Gold, an Internet-based payment service, and three owners have pleaded guilty to criminal charges related to money laundering, the U.S. Department of Justice said Monday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft frees Visual Studio Online for occasional contributors
- HTC ships Desire 510 with 64-bit processor, but isn't sure users can take advantage of it
- Widespread Time Warner Cable disruption affects Internet service subscribers
- Gartner: After slump, server sales rise again in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dropbox offers 1TB Pro plan for $9.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ