Vodafone today increased the data quota and cut excess fees (on capped plans) on its mobile broadband plans, with four new postpaid and one new prepaid options.
News of hacked iTunes user accounts made headlines earlier this week, but it turns out only a very small fraction of users were affected.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
Verizon mocked Apple and its new iPhone 4 in a New York Times ad this week. Promoting its flagship Droid X, Verizon's ad states: "Most importantly, it comes with a double antenna design. The kind that allows you to hold the phone any way you like and...
Canadian teen heart-throb Justin Bieber is most searched person on the internet, says Ask Jeeves.
The hacker group known as iPhone Dev-Team apparently is close to unlocking iPhone 4 in order to run unofficial apps and to use other GSM cellular networks besides AT&T.
Despite all claims by PC purists that the iPad is a toy that has no real purpose--especially in the corporate world, there are large enterprises embracing the tablet device.
The U.S. National Security Agency is building a system that would help detect cyber-attacks on critical U.S. infrastructure, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal that cites unnamed sources.
IBM on Wednesday said it was establishing a consortium with the European Union and universities to research new cloud-computing models to reduce the cost of hosting and maintaining Internet-based services.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has told press at the launch of a new $5 million Macquarie Telecom call centre that he doesn't consider information technology to be part of his portfolio.
Alleged Russian spies arrested last month in cities around the United States seemed to be lacking in spycraft and in urgent need of some IT expertise, based on some of the gaffes they made. They also used some technologies effectively. Here is a summ...
Indian film stars are making a beeline for Twitter, updating fans on what they are doing, exchanging pleasantries, promoting their movies, and at times even settling scores with one another.
Synchronoss plans to buy FusionOne in a deal that could allow phone users to sign up for a new phone and transfer data from their old phones at the same time.
Oracle's claims about its Exadata database machine's performance capabilities are merited, but in order to get the benefits, customers have to do more than flip a switch, according to a customer and consultant who are working with the platform.
Microsoft faces a rash of zero-day vulnerabilities in some of its most important software, according to recent disclosures of unpatched bugs, including flaws in Windows XP, Internet Explorer and its flagship Web server.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russian man receives longest-ever prison sentence in the US for hacking
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Project Coordinator dual role | $600pdVIC
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMQLD
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW