Businesses and the public sector will begin to spend more money on technology this year, according to analyst house Forrester.
Google Inc. is not poised to leave China because it's shocked over its cyber security problem. It's no more shocked than Captain Renault was to discover gambling at Rick's Caf? in the movie "Casablanca."
Cloud computing is here to stay and Wipro is focused on tapping this lucrative industry. The company has announced the launch of two new solutions--digital customer experience platform and loss prevention platform--for the retail industry.
Ten years ago on Jan. 13, 2000, Microsoft's Bill Gates turned over the CEO reins to Steve Ballmer, who emphasized then that the Internet would be the target for much of the company's new software development efforts.
The policy of random laptop searches and seizures by U.S. government agents at border crossings is under attack again, with a pair of civil rights groups seeking potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit that challenges the practice.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
The number of office workers using their corporate network to illegally file-share has increased, says ScanSafe.
In the absence of a new version of Windows Mobile, LG said it plans to use Android on more than half its smartphones, despite a recent pledge to use primarily Microsoft's mobile operating system.
Australia's most popular online job-finding site, www.seek.com.au, is advertising a position for 'Biotic-Powered Super-Soldier' with the Cerberus organisation. The advertisement features a list of skill requirements, including familiarity with heavy ...
RealNetworks' founder, Rob Glaser, is stepping down from his role as CEO, the company announced on Wednesday.
Google's decision to take steps that may result in its having to leave China is an act of real courage and patriotism.
Google's threat to pull out of China in light of recent cyberattacks on its servers there comes at a time when Google is actually gaining share on Chinese search engine market leader Baidu.
Google and other enterprises still face a bleak computer security landscape that makes their companies vulnerable to hackers, whether they do business in China or not, analysts say.
Microsoft today said that retailers can continue to sell unmodified versions of Word 2007, even though a court order that required the company to remove custom XML technology from the software took effect Monday.
Salesforce.com's move this week to raise US$500 million through a debt offering has observers speculating the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor is set to go on a shopping spree, but opinions vary on exactly what one will entail.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW