When Australian firm WesTrac needed to expand its data center capacity quickly, the company bought the equivalent of a Band-Aid for its server needs: A containerized data center.
A prominent security researcher today said he doubts Microsoft's take-down of the Waledac botnet would have any impact on spam levels, as the company claimed.
Jumping on the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) bandwagon, Dell has announced its first 'zero client' device aimed at large enterprises.
Ruslan Kogan, founder and director of Kogan Technologies, yesterday announced a price drop across his company’s consumer electronics range. The announcement was made at Kickstart Forum 2010 Queensland, where key journalists and vendors meet to discus...
Canon has announced a firmware update for its EOS 5D Mark II digital SLR camera. The update upgrades the camera's movie-recording capabilities and according to the company improves audio, video and display functions.
It's not easy being Steve Ballmer. The Microsoft CEO was asked for the umpteenth time Tuesday if his company will ever be number one in search.
Former Mozilla security chief Window Snyder has been hired by Apple.
Apple is looking to bring its recently announced iBooks platform to Australia, according to a job posting on Apple's employment site.
Innocomm Technology, a young smartphone developer, plans to launch its first handset with Google's Android mobile operating system and an analog TV receiver in the middle of this year, a company representative said Tuesday.
Software AG opened a beta version of its social network for business process management (BPM) on Tuesday, a year after it first announced the service.
Sony has restored service to the PlayStation Network by resolving a glitch in the internal clock of some PlayStation 3 consoles that recognized 2010 as a leap year and wrongly added a Feb. 29 to the clock.
The first of Nokia's Cseries handset comes with integrated support for Facebook in the address book, and support for e-mail and instant messaging.
Attention has been focused on the higher speeds that will be offered by next generation LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks, but improved latency will be equally important to users, according to Nokia Siemens.
Four men who allegedly snagged millions of concert and sports tickets with an elaborate computer scam will have to defend themselves against federal prosecutors.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said its first six-core processor for desktops will ship in the second quarter of this year.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW