Yesterday PC World attended the eGames Expo 2009 at the Royal Exhibition Building in Melbourne. Although it was a slightly quieter affair compared to previous years, there were still plenty of games, gadgets and exhibits vying for punters' attention,...
Why do we today celebrate today -- October 29 -- as the Internet's 40's birthday? Because on this day in 1969, what would later became known as the Internet was used for the very first time -- and crashed.
The Rudd Government is inviting industry bids to transform Australia’s energy grids into new, energy-efficient "smart grids".
On 28 October CSIRO scientist Dr John O’Sullivan was awarded the Prime Minster’s Prize for Science and a $300,000 grant for his achievements in astronomy and wireless technologies
EMC is working with Intel on a more energy-efficient version of EMC's Atmos cloud storage system that should be available in the second half of next year, the companies said Thursday.
After releasing its largest-ever group of security patches two weeks ago, Microsoft has done a little cleaning up.
A Philadelphia developer has rooted out an unfinished feature of Windows 7 that turns any laptop into a wireless access point, allowing other Wi-Fi-enabled devices to share the connection without special software.
Few organizations across Europe have upgraded to IPv6, the new version of the Internet's addressing protocol, according to a survey commissioned by the European Commission.
Facebook has abruptly decided to pull the plug on its Application Verification program, which let external developers pay to have their applications certified as exceeding certain requirements.
Nintendo will launch a new version of its handheld DS next month with a larger screen, it said Thursday.
Amazon Payments has introduced a new way to pay at Amazon.com and a number of other web retailers. The service is called PayPhrase and lets users enter a phase and personal identification number to speed up the checkout process, it said on Thursday.
File-sharing site The Pirate Bay should be closed, and if it isn't, two of the founders will each have to pay a fine of 500,000 Swedish kronor (US$71,500), according to a verdict in the Stockholm District Court on Wednesday.
Canonical on Thursday updated its Linux distribution for netbooks, simplifying the interface and adding new programs that the company says will make it easier for users to access and use Web content.
Facebook has abruptly decided to pull the plug on its <a href="http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Verification">Application Verification program</a>, which let external developers pay to have their applications certified as exceeding certa...
Ever wish you had someone to accompany you on a long drive -- a companion that knows you well, can help you avoid traffic jams, maybe even help find the cheapest gas along the route home from work?
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm brings big brains to mobile devices with deep-learning tool
- Craig Wright claims he is bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC