LG Display has developed a prototype LCD panel for television sets that's less than a quarter the thickness of the company's current production panels. The new screen could enable TV set makers to produce even thinner flat-panel sets but there are no...
Italian police Friday arrested an alleged hacker with links to organized crime in the Naples area who is accused of defrauding banks and mobile phone operators out of several million dollars.
Hackers redirected Twitter.com's traffic to a rogue Web site for more than an hour early today by accessing its DNS records using an account assigned to Twitter, the company that manages Twitter's DNS (Domain Name System) servers said today.
In last night's PlayStation Store update, it was revealed that the classic RPG Final Fantasy VIII has landed on the service. Rumors point to a PSN release for another one of their classic RPGs very soon.
Adult Swim Games is slowly porting all of its most popular Flash games to the iPhone. Amateur Surgeon has already proven to be very popular, as has 5 Minutes to Kill (Yourself), and squad-based shooter Meowcenaries. Next up is virtual pet simulator M...
It was a week where competition regulators danced with IT industry behemoths: the U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed an antitrust lawsuit against Intel, while the European Commission gave approval to Microsoft's proposed browser "ballot screen" and ...
The city of Philadelphia plans to buy a controversial Wi-Fi network that was built by EarthLink in 2006 but sold only two years later as the struggling ISP pulled out of the municipal wireless business.
When McAfee bought Solidcore for its whitelisting technology this year, it was a clear sign that whitelisting is gaining acceptance — though not all users are happy about the trend.
Although Mac clone maker Psystar has turned off the lights at its Web site, the firm is not shutting down permanently, the company's lawyer said today.
An administrative law judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission ruled that Samsung has infringed two camera patents developed by Kodak.
If you use Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, or any of the ever-growing array of Google services, you may have cringed at the trove of personal data the company has gathered. To allay concerns, Google launched Dashboard, a single page housing priv...
A dangerous vulnerability in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 became publicly known before a fix was available, raising the specter of a high-risk zero-day attack. The bug involves the way IE handles Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) objects, and could let an at...
Rackspace experienced an outage yesterday — a recurring issue this year for the hosted data center provider — which took down a number of high profile sites including the popular blog site TechCrunch. No network is impervious to outages, ...
The Motorola Droid might be partially responsible for a huge jump in consumer awareness and popularity of the Android operating system, but there is still one thing the Droid does — but doesn't do very well: support multitouch.
The MySQL developer community has released the first public iteration of what will be the next version of MySQL, version 5.5.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC