Researchers at IBM say they have created smart software that that translates text between English and 11 other languages including Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French, Italian, Russian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Arabic.
Microsoft is, predictably, not all that impressed by Google's demonstration of its upcoming Chrome OS, but neither were a number of potential rivals in the Linux and instant-on operating system space.
People who write code for a living have a love/hate relationship with Microsoft. Over the years the press has played up the hate (and the hype), but today I thought I would turn to one Microsoft software project which is generating genuine interest a...
LOS ANGELES –Almost as a forgotten footnote, Microsoft introduced System Center "Cloud" Tuesday providing little detail other than a name on a slide during the opening keynote of the annual PDC conference.
Microsoft has launched new betas for its free Office suite and for the "streaming" technology it will use to deliver some paid versions of Office 2010 next year.
It's That Time of Year again, and even if you don't celebrate The Holidays, chances are you have other people in your life who do. There's so much to get done as the end of year approaches, it can be hard to keep track of it all. And while paper migh...
Ruby, the popular open source dynamic language, is making headway not only on Java but also on the Windows and Mac platforms.
Just two days after Sony said that its wireless e-reader, the Daily Edition, might not make it to buyers before the end of the year, Barnes & Noble said its Nook e-reader is <a href="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/">sold out</a>.
Cloud computing users face problems including loss of control over data, difficulties proving compliance, and additional legal risks as data moves from one legal jurisdiction to another, according to a assessement of cloud computing risks from the Eu...
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
The 43rd floor of the Spear Tower in downtown San Francisco is empty. Possibly because of the slumping economy, there's just a big, open office space with unfinished white walls overlooking a million-dollar view. It was an appropriate setting for Lun...
Oracle and Sun Microsystems have been granted an extra week to defend their planned US$7 billion merger in front of European regulators, the European Commission said Friday.
The judge in the copyright infringement case pitting the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) against Google and its book search program has set a date for the final hearing on the parties' controversial settlement proposal.
Twitter is now allowing its externally built applications to provide geolocation features to end-users, after announcing its intention to do so in August.
Mobile phone giant Nokia on Friday said it will cut up to 330 people from its research and development staff.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi acquires patents from Microsoft ahead of US entry plans
- Dell's private buyout shortchanged shareholders, court rules
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject managerACT
- CCTechnology Lead/ Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW