A new survey of data center users predicts a sharp drop in mainframe usage, though some industry analysts say the results seem unlikely.
Nintendo is planning to launch a new version of its DSi handheld gaming device with a larger screen possibly before the end of this year, The Nikkei business daily reported on Tuesday.
Qualcomm has built a new subsidiary to better integrate its products with mobile open-source software, in hopes of capitalizing on the trend toward open platforms in the mobile industry.
To take advantage of Google Voice's telephony management features, users have had to fulfill a tricky requirement: convince their contacts to call them using the single "phone number for life" that comes with this free online service.
The Palm Pixi, the slimmer sibling of Palm Pre, is set to debut on the Sprint network on Nov. 15. Priced at $100 (after rebates) with a two-year deal, the Pixi is a reworked Pre with a few significant changes, including an exposed (not slide-out) key...
Nokia announced its first smartphone for China Mobile's 3G network on Tuesday.
Research In Motion's BlackBerry Storm 2, the long-anticipated follow-up to the original BlackBerry Storm, will arrive on Verizon's network tomorrow. The Storm 2 will go on sale on Wednesday, October 28 for US$280 when you sign a two-year service cont...
Boingo Wireless, an international network of both wired Internet zones and Wi-Fi hotspots, today released Boingo Mobile for BlackBerry, a free application that lets the company's subscribers know whenever they're in range of Boingo hotspots so they c...
Yesterday, U.S. wireless carrier Verizon Wireless formally announced Research In Motion's (RIM) latest touch-screen smartphone: the BlackBerry Storm2 9550. The device is not yet publicly available--you'll have to wait until later this week to get you...
Apple iPhone users are almost twice as likely to say that they're "very satisfied" with their smartphone than second-place RIM and its BlackBerry, a research firm said today.
VMware has added support for Windows 7 and expanded the ability to handle virtual processors in Workstation 7, the new version of its platform for running multiple OSes simultaneously on a PC.
Users remained stymied today by endless reboots after trying to upgrade their PCs to Windows 7, according to messages posted on Microsoft's support forum.
Cisco has announced plans to buy privately held ScanSafe, a maker of software-as-a-service (SaaS) Web security services for enterprises and small-to-midsize businesses, for $US183 million.
An add-on that Microsoft silently slipped into Mozilla's Firefox last February leaves that browser open to attack, Microsoft's security engineers acknowledged earlier this week.
While there are an infinite number of social engineering exploits, typical ones include the following:
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying $532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
- EMC World kicks off with cloud backup and cheaper flash arrays
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW