Adobe is investigating new reports that hackers are attacking a previously unknown bug in the latest version of the company's Reader and Acrobat software.
Rambus has acquired technology and patents related to LCDs (liquid crystal displays) and optoelectronics from Global Lighting Technologies for US$26 million, Rambus said on Monday.
Facebook and its social networking compatriot Twitter are jointly taking new steps to help users share information.
Microsoft's Juku service in China did indeed steal code from Plurk, a popular Twitter rival in Asia, the software giant admitted on Tuesday.
Server and storage vendors suffered painful revenue declines throughout 2009, but the IT hardware markets are starting to show signs of life and are in position for a small rebound in 2010.
IBM has been disparaging products made by a smaller rival in order to protect its lucrative mainframe business, according to a lawsuit filed on Monday.
Toshiba has announced a new 64GB flash memory module, which the company claims is the highest-capacity flash module in the industry. The new 64GB NAND flash module is just 30 micrometers thin, packs a dedicated controller, and contains sixteen 32Gbit...
Security measures such as one-time passwords and phone-based user authentication, considered among the most robust forms of security, are no longer enough to protect online banking transactions against fraud, a new report from research firm Gartner I...
According to market intelligence firm iSuppli, Sony Corp is still losing money on PlayStation 3 hardware, despite the recent shift to the "slim" version of the hardware.
Having finished releasing new titles with The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Nintendo has unleashed a slew of new release information, with release dates for many of the company's upcoming titles, and more general month/quarter release info for a ha...
Adobe's Flash Player software is on 99 percent of Internet-connected desktops, offering up multimedia and video capabilities on a multitude of popular Web sites such as YouTube. But the Adobe Flash platform has been beset by a rash of security proble...
The headlines recently have been dominated with news of online privacy. Facebook has implemented changes that affect the privacy of status updates, and Google made headlines for its apparent disregard for privacy.
Facebook's new privacy controls make it easy for users to present different information to business contacts and personal friends, but only if the user is willing to accept the added complexity involved in doing so. It's not difficult, but requires t...
Checking out of a Hilton hotel in London, security expert Roger Thompson was told his Visa card had been declined due to suspicions it was stolen, a situation that only got more disconcerting when he learned the bank that issued the card had more per...
How much personal information can you glean from Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg's profile? That depends on when you happened to be viewing it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW