Here's a roundup of a wild week in smartphone news. Apple, Nokia, Research in Motion, Verizon, AT&T and others all got in on the action.
Despite Thursday's Windows 7 launch and hoopla, Microsoft remains cautious about corporate uptake of the operating system and believes 2010 will be the real start to the upgrade cycle that could run into 2012.
Microsoft has confirmed a problem that hundreds of users have reported with downloading Windows 7, according to its support forum.
Users can do a "clean" installation of Windows 7 using an upgrade license to save $80-$100 over the price of a 'full' edition, a popular blog has reported.
An Illinois judge this week dismissed a lawsuit filed by the Cook County Sheriff's Office charging Craigslist with facilitating prostitution.
Microsoft reported revenue that was down 14 percent year-on-year for its first fiscal quarter, with net income down 17 percent -- but it still beat analyst expectations on both counts.
Google's popular Blogger blog-publishing service crashed early on Friday and remained unavailable to most users for about 90 minutes, the type of broad system outage that Google has been trying to eradicate from its Web-hosted applications.
Google Wave is a groundbreaking real-time collaborative tool that has the potential to be an ideal way for members of a group to work with one another. But it's not clear how useful it will be in the real world. It's the kind of tool that you want to...
Mozilla has launched a software project designed to let people better manage the ever more voluminous stream of messages coming from sources such as Twitter and Facebook into their e-mail.
Microsoft reported revenue that was down 14 percent year-on-year for its first fiscal quarter, with net income down 17 percent - but it still beat analyst expectations on both counts.
Microsoft has released a tool that lets netbook owners install Windows 7 on their machines using a USB flash drive, sidestepping the usual requirement of a DVD drive.
Carl Icahn, the activist investor who pushed for some of the big changes that have taken place at Yahoo, announced his resignation Friday from the company's board of directors.
A single group of attackers accounted for a quarter of all phishing in the first half of this year, according to a new study.
Ethernet switch vendor Extreme Networks is replacing its CEO and laying off 70 employees in an effort to quickly improve the company's bottom line and set it up to run profitably with lower revenues.
The latest version of WorldBench, the PC World-developed benchmark for testing PC system performance, is now available for purchase.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD