The vast majority of companies have little or no security in place for their virtual systems. That is a scary statistic revealed in a survey of attendees at the recent VMWorld 2008 conference in Las Vegas.
Following a similar move by VMware in August, Microsoft Wednesday released a free, low-footprint version of its Hyper-V virtualization software as it continues to chase the virtualization leader.
Apple's Mac OS X market share has passed the 8 percent mark for the first time, a research company reported Wednesday.
LucasArts Tuesday announced that Skywalker and company are coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the Force Unleashed, in addition to a new downloadable mission.
Tuesday, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan unveiled its TGS lineup for both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portal, which includes a tantalizing 14 "unannounced" games. Sony will show nine new PS3 games and three new PSP games, while Konami has one...
The somewhat reputable French boys from Gamekyo (formerly JeuxFrance) are reporting that Nintendo will announce a franchise revival at the company's press conference on Thursday.
Director Brett Ratner, who in the past has talked about filming a Guitar Hero movie, told movie blog UGO Tuesday he is slated to direct a movie based on God of War.
In an effort to achieve greater realism, Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi says his team met with clothing manufacturers to ensure authentic in-game apparel.
Veteran video game journalist John Davidson is reporting Wednesday that Nintendo is secretly showing select developers a radically new "Wii HD" design behind closed doors.
The Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, the organization that sets technical requirements for processing credit- and debit-cards, Wednesday issued revised security rules, while also indicating next year it will focus on new guidelines f...
In terms of output, average review scores, and revenue, as ranked by Game Developer Magazine. And the winner might surprise you (no it won't).
Former Konami assistant producer Ryan Payton has jumped ship as a de factor second-party developer for Sony, working now as a first-party director on the Halo series for Microsoft.
Even after Monday's stock market drop in the US and a general tightening in the financial sector, WiMax equipment makers and wireless operators at WiMax World remain optimistic.
Microsoft on Wednesday said it plans to significantly increase its support for REST as part of three technologies it will preview later this month that contribute to building a foundation for supporting Web 2.0 and composite applications.
IBM is targeting retail security with a package of software and services designed to prevent physical loss of merchandise, protect against electronic threats and comply with credit card industry regulations.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
- Uber suspends Nevada operations, affecting nearly 1,000 jobs
- Sony confirms development of e-paper smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC