IBM will not use its open-source patents in any potential legal actions it may bring against TurboHercules, an IBM company executive seemingly asserted on Wednesday.
MySQL users are set to receive fresh information about Oracle's road map for the open-source database during a keynote address by Chief Corporate Architect Edward Screven at Tuesday's O'Reilly MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, California.
Juniper this week said it is acquiring partner Ankeena Networks, a privately held maker of software for optimizing media content delivery, for no more than $100 million.
Hewlett-Packard is taking the wraps off a new technology that analysts say could be "a major game changer" for computers and personal devices.
Apple today previewed the next generation of its iPhone software, which will add over 100 new features, including the long-awaited multitasking, to the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
Apple, with its forthcomomg iPhone OS 4.0, has added more capabilities for enterprises and features such as multitasking, but there will be no change in the company's rejection of Java and Adobe Flash for the platform.
Corridor Digital is a company that touts itself as a "visual effects and post-production studio," and its skills are definitely visible in the Modern Warfare-inspired "Frozen Crossing" video here. For only US$209.42, the studio was able to put togeth...
According to consumer research group Broadband Expert, mobile broadband speeds in Australia are about half the average broadband speeds reached in homes.
Taiwanese electronics maker BenQ plans to continue to focus on e-readers instead of developing a tablet device similar to Apple's iPad, and believes a color version of its nReader due out later this year will be one of the keys to winning the market.
If Apple announces multitasking for its iPhone and iPad tomorrow, it will be a limited version that the company controls, allowing some applications to run in the background but denying others, experts said today.
The iPad launched just days ago, but already Apple is gearing up to introduce a new version of the iPhone OS as well as a rumored (not to mention expected) new iPhone model. On Thursday, the company will be presenting a sneak peak at the next iPhone ...
Recession has made companies more cost-sensitive and this has increased the popularity of solutions from HP, according to two separate research reports by Gabriel Consulting Group and Alinean Inc.
Apple didn't even wait for the iPad dust to settle before summoning the media to its next big event. On Thursday, journalists will gather once again ostensibly to hear about the next-generation of the iPhone operating system, and possibly an unveilin...
More than half of PCs purchased for use by under 15s in 2015 will have touchscreen, says <a href="http://www.gartner.com">Gartner</a>.
One of the most high-profile iPad apps that will be available on launch day is Marvel's comic book reader, which will let people buy and read current and past Marvel comics on Apple's iPad.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- CCERP LeadWA
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW