Apple on Monday reported growth in revenue and net income for the first fiscal quarter of 2010, buoyed by strong iPhone and Mac shipments.
The U.S. Energy Department's Sandia National Laboratories is investigating the possibility of using virtualization to allow its researchers to make better use of its behemoth Red Storm supercomputer. Researchers from Northwestern University and the U...
Google hopes to be able to push out a software fix in about a week for a 3G connectivity problem that many Nexus One users have complained about.
James Gosling, the father of the Java programming language, posted the image of a tombstone on his blog last week, an R.I.P., for Sun Microsystems. Before long. more than 800 employees, outside developers and others had posted comments.
Up to this point, just about every gaming console--from the Xbox 360 to the Nintendo DS--has been hacked in some way, usually to allow it to play pirated games. This excluded the PlayStation 3, which remained unhacked for over three years, leading ma...
For all the hype around cloud computing, few business customers are actually storing data on Web-based platforms, according to a new study that casts doubt on the popularity of cloud storage.
The co-founders of Google are each looking sell 5 million shares of the company as part of "pre-arranged stock trading plans," according to a company filing with the US Federal Security and Exchange Commission.
Google has found a way to let iPhone owners use Google Voice, the telephony management service whose iPhone-specific application Apple rejected last year.
An open-source MDM (master data management) suite from Talend is now available, giving companies a lower-priced option to proprietary products from the likes of Tibco, Kalido and IBM, the company announced Monday.
In telling priests to become more web and social network savvy, Pope Benedict XVI is offering valuable advice for businesses, too.
Most external hard drives share the same basic aesthetic features: A plastic or metal shell and some blinking lights. For something different, check out the VHS hard drives offered on the Etsy (an Ebay-like site for handmade goods).
VMware will end general support of all but the most recent versions of its virtualization platform in May, and remove the older products from its download Web site, the company announced.
Oracle has filed a lawsuit against third-party maintenance provider Rimini Street and its CEO Seth Ravin, alleging the parties have been engaged in "massive theft of Oracle's software and related support materials through an illegal business model," ...
U.K. police are trying to get wider participation from printer manufacturers and makers of specialist equipment in a voluntary program designed to cut off criminals from the tools they need to make fraudulent passports and ID cards.
More extensive tests show that TeliaSonera's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) network can deliver faster speeds, up to 45Mbps (megabits per second), than previous tests indicated, according to market research company Northstream.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW