The Flip Mino HD has won the PC Advisor Awards 2010 - Best Camcorder award, after being named as the best camcorder to have come through the PC Advisor Test Centre over the past 12 months.
For Microsoft, 2010 is a platform building and marketing year with no less than the future success of its cloud strategy hanging in the balance, according to observers.
Server virtualization has reached an inflection point in the enterprise at the 10-year mark. Capital expense savings from physical server consolidation are leveling off and early gains in IT operational efficiency are at risk due to rapidly growing a...
It's official. Intel CEO Paul Otellini launched a volley of 32-nanometer cannonballs at rival AMD with the official release of the company's latest dual- and quad-core Clarkdale and dual-core Arrandale processors. The launch -- spanning 27 different ...
While adoption of server virtualization is proceeding at a gallop, the effort to refine virtualization security reached only a slow trot in 2009.
Here at CES 2010, three new HD pocket camcorders have surfaced, all of which do things a bit differently.
Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo called on smartphone application developers to turn their attention to emerging countries, highlighting the vast business potential in these markets and the opportunity to improve the lives of the billions of people liv...
Symbian Foundation, responsible for development of the Symbian mobile OS, is readying its Symbian^3 and Symbian^4 versions of the platform, with version 3 likely to be feature-complete next month, a Symbian blogger said this week.
Various pundits say that one of the top goals of CEOs this year is to make sense of the terabytes of data swirling in and around their companies and then use that data to make better decisions. Key to that is data visualization technology, which tell...
Truphone has unveiled a new app for mobile phones running Google's Android platform, that allows users to make voice over IP (VoIP) calls.
A bit of news you might have missed in the wake of the Microsoft Keynote (what with the buzz over the Game Room and all) is a press release announcing a rough Fable III release date.
At its press conference at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, Samsung revealed dozens of products, including new TVs, home theater systems, and eBook readers as well as content partnerships with Dreamworks, Google, and others.
Nvidia has unveiled its second-generation Tegra mobile system-on-chip processor, before the first generation has seen much traction (outside of the excellent Zune HD, Tegra hasn't really appeared in any marquee products). So what's new in Tegra 2? A ...
Taiwanese software manufacturer EgisTec is showing a product here at CES that lets you use your laptop's built-in fingerprint reader to launch applications, manage passwords and encrypt files.
Our crack staff of editors hit Las Vegas this week to cover the annual Consumer Electronics Show. We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear. We saw 3D HDTVs, tin...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC