Open source file system vendor Gluster released its Storage Platform, integrating a file system, an operating system and a management UI to create a cluster that can store petabytes of information and provide failover for virtual machines.
Ericsson plans to cut up to about 1,000 employees, and will in the process close its site in the Swedish town of Gävle, the company said in a statement on Tuesday.
Microsoft's attempts to ensure better application compatibility for Windows 7 than its immediate predecessor, Windows Vista, had at launch appear to have borne fruit.
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
Google filed a lawsuit Monday against a U.S. company it alleges runs work-at-home scams that unnecessarily charge people's credit cards and spoof Google's brand name.
Nokia today announced that its E72 and 5800 Navigation Edition smartphones are now available in the U.S.
Microsoft and data storage company NetApp, have announced a three-year agreement that cements what had already been years of product collaboration and technical integration. The deal also extends worldwide joint sales and marketing efforts.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight and even bendable batteries out of paper.
Virgin Galactic has rolled out the very cool looking suborbital SpaceShipTwo spacecraft it expects will take thousands of space tourists on a rocket ride to near space.
Cisco Systems' whirlwind of activity over the past few months wouldn't have been possible without the company's spread-out management structure, in which about 650 people are involved in cross-functional 'councils' and 'boards' that search out potent...
Seagate Technology. the world's largest hard-disk drive maker, is planning to launch a new drive that's 25 percent thinner than current models. The 7-millimeter high drive will allow laptop PC makers to further reduce the thickness of their computers...
Seagate Technology LLC today announced its first solid-state disk drive and said the product is aimed at the booming general server and blade server marketplace.
As the year draws to a close, we thought about the memorable quotes related to IT and offer, in no particular order, 15 that stuck with us.
As anticipated, Google today launched the beta of the Mac version of its Chrome browser.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW