Sprint Nextel expects to lay off as many as 2,500 people by year’s end, on the heels of reporting that it lost 545,000 customers in its third quarter.
Sales of Verizon Wireless and Motorola's Droid on opening weekend came nowhere near the iPhone's debut numbers, but thanks to some recent history, we know that comparing anything to Apple's smartphone just isn't fair.
Despite increased profit in the first half of its fiscal year, Vodafone has decided to double its planned cost reductions, the operator said on Tuesday.
Apple on Monday updated Snow Leopard for the second time, fixing a data deletion flaw and an iMac performance issue, while blocking Atom-based netbooks from running its operating system.
Two U.S. agencies responsible for distributing US$7.2 billion in broadband deployment grants by the end of 2010 have streamlined the process by cutting one of three rounds of funding.
A global Internet governing body last month approved new languages for use in domain names, but at least in China some Web sites have hesitated to rebrand into Chinese from their well-known names written in Latin characters.
A computer security company known for battling botnets moved last week to try to shut down a persistent spam player.
Samsung is opening up its cheaper smartphones to third-party application developers with the launch of a new software platform it is calling Bada. The first phone running the software will go on sale during the first half of next year, with more prod...
An anonymous group calling itself "Control Your Info" has taken over hundreds of Facebook groups to highlight what it claims is a major security weakness on the social networking site.
Adobe Systems will lay off 680 staff, or 9 percent of its workforce, in its latest move to cut costs, the company confirmed Tuesday.
A number of Oracle users are infuriated by reported access and performance issues with the vendor's new My Oracle Support portal, which superseded the long-standing Metalink site on Nov. 6.
A U.S. grand jury in Atlanta has indicted eight people related to hacking into a computer network operated by credit-card processing vendor RBS WorldPlay and stealing US$9 million.
What were you doing two years ago today? I was queuing outside a Carphone Warehouse (number two in a queue of four) waiting to get my hands on one of the first official iPhones in the UK.
The alliance between Microsoft and Novell continues to bear fruit three years after it was first signed, say the two companies -- one the world's largest proprietary software vendor, the other one of the largest open-source companies.
Hoping to bring holiday cheer to harried travelers, Google is footing the bill for Wi-Fi access at 47 U.S. airports through mid-January, so that people can connect free to the Internet while they wait at airline gates and other areas.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Staring at your phone? The next ARM chips are just for you
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella follows Apple’s Tim Cook to India
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- US Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT