After a record-setting week of Microsoft and Adobe security patches, Oracle is gearing up for a major update of its own next week.
Mozilla developers have blocked a Firefox plugin that was quietly pushed out by Microsoft, saying that it presents a security risk.
Microsoft acknowledged Thursday that one of the critical network vulnerabilities it patched earlier in the week was due to a programming error on its part.
Google's highly anticipated real-time communication and collaboration tool, Google Wave, will have "crypto fairy dust" sprinkled into its protocol to avoid data being changed mid-stream, according to its product manager.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organisation (CSIRO) has turned its budgeted deficit of $34.2 million for the 2008-09 financial year into a $122 million surplus, with the unexpected windfall primarily attributed to its intellectual p...
An Illinois politician's attempt to unmask the identity of an e-mail poster who allegedly made disparaging remarks about her teenage son in an online forum is stirring a debate about free speech rights on the Internet.
Friendster will soon implement a micropayments platform for virtual gifts and games, seeking to bring in new revenue from southeast Asian countries where the social-networking site is popular.
It's the kind of thing that in many countries might pass largely unnoticed but the launch on Thursday in Japan by Twitter of a mobile Web site could end up being of vital importance to its success here.
Vodafone UK has revealed it will be offering RIM's latest smartphone, the BlackBerry Storm2, in the UK from the end of October.
Nokia reported a third-quarter loss of €559 million (US$833 million) that it blamed on charges related to its Nokia Siemens business. Sales of €9.8 billion were down 20 percent compared to last year, the company said on Thursday. The main reason for ...
The reviews are in for the much-anticipated Blackberry Storm 2 and Motorola's Android debut the Cliq. Finally, questions hanging over these devices have been answered. I know you're all eagerly waiting to find out whether the new Storm can wipe out t...
Federal authorities arrested a husband and wife team for allegedly stealing US$23 million from Cisco in a scheme that had the network giant shipping replacement parts to fake businesses in eight states. The scheme reportedly defrauded Cisco's SMARTne...
Of every 100 North American corporate PCs, 88 are powerful enough to run Microsoft Corp.'s Windows 7 operating system, which is much higher than the 50% of PCs with the minimum specifications to run Windows Vista at its launch three years ago, accord...
Mozilla plans to let people running rivals' browsers use Firefox's new plug-in update service, company officials said today.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
- ISIS cyberattack capabilities are unorganized, underfunded -- for now
- Estonian man gets over 7 years in prison for role in global DNS hijacking botnet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC