Clearwire has selected Cisco to supply equipment for its 4G mobile WiMAX network buildout. The deal appears to be Cisco's biggest WiMAX win, though terms weren't disclosed.
Digieffects has released FreeForm AE, a warping plug-in for Adobe After Effects that allows users to manipulate a flat object using a mesh in 3D space.
Zenprise is adding a BlackBerry device management option to its flagship MobileManager application.
Epson has launched the Stylus Photo TX700W, its wireless all-in-one, six-color photo printer for photo-enthusiasts to print their photos from anywhere in the home. The press release said the Stylus Photo TX700W is a winner of the highly acclaimed Int...
Toon Boom Animation has launched Toon Boom Studio 5, a new version of the Toon Boom Studio 2.5D animation software that adds stop-motion animation tools to its existing array of animation capabilities.
Canon has introduced two new printers for professional and advanced photographers, the ten-colour Pixma Pro9500 Mark II and the eight-colour Pixma Pro9000 Mark II Photo Printers.
To some fans, 3D Realms' closure Friday came as something of a surprise. After spending nearly 13 years planning and producing Duke Nukem Forever, the veteran publisher abruptly shut down.
Commercial Radio Australia’s analysis of the digital radio channel plans released by the Australian Communication and Media Authority shows that “well over 90%” of Adelaide’s population will be able to access digital radio. This figure means that Ade...
PC software piracy was on the upswing in 2008 for the second year in a row, because PC shipments grew fastest in high-piracy countries like China and India, according to a study released Tuesday by the Business Software Alliance (BSA).
ViewSonic Corporation has announced the launch of its new ultra-bright DLP projector, the PJD5111, with enhanced network and multimedia capabilities. It has a native 800 x 600 SVGA resolution and projects with an intensity of 2500 lumens.
HP claims that using remanufactured laser toners can double the total cost of ownership of a printer compared to using genuine HP laser toners. A study commissioned by HP and conducted by QualityLogic indicated that remanufactured laser toners can in...
If you've got a PowerPoint presentation you want to share with others, but are having problems doing so, then DVDShow for PowerPoint is a simple solution. It converts any PowerPoint presentation into a an MPEG movie file or lets you burn it to DVD so...
Denon has released three new pairs of earphones, including the range-topping AH-NC600, which features active noise-cancelling technology that allegedly reduces background noise by 99 per cent.
Moving on plans to enable development of PHP applications for its Windows Azure cloud platform, Microsoft plans to demonstrate this week the PHP SDK for Windows Azure at TechEd India, a Microsoft representative said.
Heaven (or <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westeros">Westeros</a>) help us, it seems someone's finally landed the video game rights to <a href="http://www.georgerrmartin.com">George R.R. Martin</a>'s Hugo-winning "Song of Ice and Fire" series. ...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Android for Work gains mobile-carrier support
- Windows 10's launch was a bit bumpy, but people seem to like it
- Google rejects French request to expand right to be forgotten
- Critical BIND denial-of-service flaw could disrupt large portions of the Internet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW