Cisco Systems Chairman and CEO John Chambers demonstrated on Wednesday how the company's TelePresence videoconferencing technology could be developed into a consumer product, showing off the long-awaited system at a press conference ahead of the Inte...
Klipsch has developed a device that combines a wireless speaker and LED light and installs into most standard light sockets. Called the LightSpeaker, it uses a base station transmitter to stream music to each unit, up to 50 feet away, using 2.4 GHz w...
Cisco this week said it will trial a home telepresence service in the United States this spring with Verizon, and in France later this year with France Telecom.
Marvell Technology Group showed off a new version of its tiny, green Plug Computer that boasts a much faster CPU.
Several sources today report strong 2009 sales figures for the United Kingdom games industry. Figures from the Entertainment & Leisure Software Publishers Association and the GfK Chart-Track service both show a decrease in software and product sales ...
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday revamped its line of Mini netbooks, also introducing its first model with a touchscreen that supports multitouch finger input.
After a groundbreaking 2009 in terms of point-and-shoot camera design (and a major announcement earlier this week), Samsung isn't taking any time off from the innovation game.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Love your media center so much you wish you could bring it over to a friend's house? That's what LaCie had in mind when it debuted the LaCinema Mini HD at CES today, which delivers full 1080p HD video to your HDTV of choice -- and fits in the palm of...
The Xbox 360 topped Nielsen's top US game consoles ranked by usage minutes (23.1%), polling slightly ahead of Sony's PS2 (20.4%) and the Nintendo Wii (19.0%). No, that's not a typo. I meant to write PlayStation 2. Sony's PS3? Not on the fact sheet, w...
Less than a year after getting a major overhaul, NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has snapped panoramic, full-color images that let astronomers peer more than 13 billion years back into cosmic history.
Apple sold more than 11 million iPhones in the last quarter of 2009 and will sell an additional 37.3 million during 2010, a financial analyst said in a recent research note to clients.
Rock Band 2 Lead Designer Dan Teasdale announced via the PlayStation blog today that a patch for Rock Band 2 on the PlayStation 3 is scheduled for today.
Reports suggest that Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will unveil details of Microsoft's entry in the tablet PC arena during his keynote speech today at the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
CES 2010 is just getting under way and already everyone is talking about tablets. Lenovo has already unveiled the intriguing IdeaPad U1, a hybrid tablet/laptop that features an ARM-based tablet that can dock into a CULV-based ultraportable notebook. ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC