Motorola will start selling a smartphone similar to the Droid in China this month, but the phone will use China's homegrown 3G standard and a China Mobile operating system.
Microsoft dismissed recently-disclosed threats to its BitLocker disk-encryption technology as "relatively low risk," noting that attackers must not only have physical access to a targeted PC, but must manipulate the machine two separate times.
Worldwide external controller-based (ECB) disk storage revenue totaled more than $US3.9 billion in the third quarter of 2009, a 7.3 percent decline from the same period in 2008, according to Gartner.
What do phishing, instant messaging malware, DDoS attacks and 419 scams have in common? According to Cisco Systems, they're all has-been cybercrimes that were supplanted by slicker, more menacing forms of cybercrime over the past year.
An over-the-air software update to the Droid smartphone started yesterday, but it wasn't clear whether the 14 enhancements address a voice echo problem that hundreds of users complained about in online forums.
The global DRAM industry will see higher prices per chip next year than in the past three because the global recession has forced many chip makers to reduce spending on new factories, the head of Japan's Elpida Memory has said.
The board of directors of the HP user group Connect were able to look back at a year of accomplishment and ahead to one of further growth as they met here last month for their annual meeting.
An online retailer is taking orders for a new Clarkdale processor from Intel, providing early details of its next-generation desktop processor ahead of the product's official launch.
Pacific WebWorks has had a very profitable year despite a raft of complaints from its customers, a class action suit filed against it in Illinois and now a civil suit from Google filed on Monday.
Open source file system vendor Gluster released its Storage Platform, integrating a file system, an operating system and a management UI to create a cluster that can store petabytes of information and provide failover for virtual machines.
Ericsson plans to cut up to about 1,000 employees, and will in the process close its site in the Swedish town of Gävle, the company said in a statement on Tuesday.
Microsoft's attempts to ensure better application compatibility for Windows 7 than its immediate predecessor, Windows Vista, had at launch appear to have borne fruit.
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
Google filed a lawsuit Monday against a U.S. company it alleges runs work-at-home scams that unnecessarily charge people's credit cards and spoof Google's brand name.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA