French search specialist Exalead thinks it's cracked one of the big challenges of search, making video searchable, and has landed a high-profile customer to prove it: the Web site of France's President.
Orthodox server designs are receiving a face-lift with Intel's Nehalem-EX processor, with vendors implementing new memory features to boost application performance.
A new report from Greenpeace warns that the growth in cloud computing will be accompanied by a sharp rise in greenhouse gas emissions, and calls on big companies like Facebook, Yahoo and Google to do more to help the environment.
The growth of mobile broadband connections is outpacing other Internet connections in Australia, increasing 40 per cent between June and December 2009.
A touchpad manufacturer that last year sued Apple for patent infringement filed a complaint Monday with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking it to ban imports of Apple products, including the iPad and iPhone.
Google says that politically motivated malware has been used to spy on Vietnamese computer users and attack activist blogs over the past several months.
The City of Plovdiv in Bulgaria booted council member Dimitar Kerin for playing FarmVille during council meetings. His defense? Fellow councilman Daniela Zhelyazkova was already at level 46 while Kerin was only at level 40.
With classic video games like The Sims and Spore under his belt, Will Wright is devoting his creativity to a form of media that truly needs it -- reality television. IGN recently learned that Wright will be helping produce a program called <em>The Cr...
Taiwanese companies will show off "at least 10" devices similar to Apple's upcoming iPad at the Computex electronics show in June, one of the event's organizers said Tuesday.
Motorola and Optus this morning jointly announced the launch of Motoblur, a smartphone user interface that synchronises and streams content from social networks and mobile communications.
On Tuesday, a jury in Utah sided with Novell in its long-running legal dispute with SCO.
Scientists at the Large Hadron Collider succeeded today in smashing two particle beams into each other at an energy level three and a half times greater than ever achieved before.
Google with its Chrome browser is making accommodations for the Adobe Flash Player, a move that did not sit well with some early commentators wondering why Google is now pushing Flash when it has backed HTML5, a potential rival to Flash.
Microsoft Tuesday released an out-of-band security update addressing 10 vulnerabilities in versions of Internet Explorer, one of which is being exploited in the wild against IE 6.
Apple's patent karma is balancing as one tech company sues to block the iPad and other multi-touch Apple products from the United States.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW