If you're wondering why Apple's latest phone is known as the "iPhone 4" instead of the more widely-used "iPhone 4G," it could be because the new device still relies on 3G connectivity.
As expected, Apple on Monday revealed video chat functionality on its newest smartphone, the iPhone 4 , which features a front-facing camera, although it only works over Wi-Fi.
Here are 10 things we love/hate about cloud automation tools.
Facing strong concerns about control and security, the cloud-computing trend has drifted somewhat-- away from the notion that all computing resources can be had from outside, and toward a vision of a data center magically transformed for easy connect...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs on Monday announced the fourth-generation iPhone during a keynote speech at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
The Apple iPhone 4, announced today by Steve Jobs at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, will be 24 percent thinner than its predecessor at 9.3mm thick, contain a front-facing camera, and offer greatly improved battery performance (up to 40 perc...
There appears to be a challenger to 'VM sprawl' as the scourge of virtualization success -- a problem I call 'VM stall'.
Boris FX has announced Boris Red 5. Boris Red is an integrated 3D compositing, titling, and effects application designed for Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony video editing software. Version 5 introduces support for 64-bit applica...
Boinx Software has released FotoMagico 3.5, which sees the debut of plug-ins for Apple Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, Motion and Adobe After Effects. The company says that the native plug-in integration allows editors and motion graphic artists to...
Konami has revealed that its hip-hop music game Def Jam Rapstar will drop on October 5, coming bundled with a microphone and selling for US$70 on the PS3 and Xbox 360, with the Wii version costing US$60. Additionally, seven new songs and two freestyl...
Western Digital Corp. in the first quarter of 2010 shipped the most hard disk drives (HDD) of any storage supplier, surpassing arch nemesis Seagate Technology for the first time ever on a quarterly basis, according to market research.
For the first time in as many quarters, a new report shows that worldwide sales of external disk storage systems experienced double digit growth, offering a strong indication that companies have loosened their IT purse strings and begun purchasing ne...
The announcement of the newest iPhone is (supposedly) just around the corner, and San Mateo County courts have just now decided to go forward with the Gizmodo-iPhone-prototype investigation.
Telstra has today begun streaming the ABC1 and SBS ONE TV channels through the Mobile Foxtel service on its Next G Network.
Iomega has become the latest vendor to add SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to its external hard drives, announcing a swathe of portable and desktop products.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Uber finally agrees to reveal diversity data
- Twitter considers enhanced version of TweetDeck for professionals
- Augmented reality gets a second life in manufacturing
- FBI director floats international framework on access to encrypted data
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTArcFM DeveloperNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCMeta User ResearcherACT
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Expert - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD