Taiwanese smartphone vendor High Tech Computer (HTC) fared better than expected in the first quarter and forecast a record-breaking second quarter on Wednesday, showing that a patent lawsuit from rival Apple failed to harm its business.
A new variant of the Storm worm has emerged, but it does not appear to be as well-designed as its older relative, according to computer security researchers.
Italy's new certified e-mail system, which will enable citizens to enter into a secure official dialogue with local and central government, was encountering teething problems for a third straight day Wednesday.
A new research report predicts that use of solid state drives (SSD) in enterprise servers and storage systems will explode over the next five years, increasing in numbers by 50 times.
Facebook will work with U.S. lawmakers to address concerns about privacy following the social-networking site's announcement a week ago that it was sharing users' personal information with other sites, company officials said Wednesday.
Microsoft has been ramping up its cloud-based Exchange Online offering for its largest customers -- even though that may mean cannibalizing its own on-premises Exchange Server installed base.
I recently received two Facebook e-mail notifications that set my security spider-sense tingling. Nothing was obviously wrong with the e-mail messages, which said that my friend had tagged a photo of me and then commented on it. But something about a...
The high drama of Gizmodo and the iPhone prototype it acquired could be heading to the courtroom, as prosecutors try to determine who should face charges. Police raided editor Jason Chen's home last Friday and confiscated his computers and related eq...
Samsung Electronics will ship a multichip package later this quarter for smartphones that will include phase-change memory (PCM), an emerging technology that could ultimately replace memory types like NOR flash, the company said Wednesday.
A Mesquite, Texas, man is set to plead guilty to training his 22,000-PC botnet on a local ISP -- just to show off its firepower to a potential customer.
Hewlett-Packard plans to buy struggling phone maker Palm for US$1.2 billion.
E-mail is the third rail of enterprise IT operations. You can mess up elsewhere, but bring down people's e-mail and you'll start getting irate calls literally in seconds.
NASA is delaying the launch date of its last space shuttle flight, pushing back the final mission from September to November.
Businesses remain very overconfident about security, according to an extensive study on their practices.
Nokia announced on Tuesday its latest smartphone, the multimedia-heavy N8, featuring a 12-megapixel camera and HD video recording.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW