Adoption of open-source business intelligence software is doubling every year because the products are viewed as "good enough" for routine applications, according to a recent report by Gartner Inc. analyst Andreas Bitterer.
Deleting your Facebook profile is easy. Just follow the link and submit your request. But merely disappearing from Facebook might not be cathartic enough for people who've grown to despise social networking. For them, there was the Web 2.0 Suicide Ma...
Thinner laptops, 3D television and e-book readers are expected to be among the highlights of this year's International Consumer Electronics Show that begins in Las Vegas on Thursday.
NASA is in the process of deciding on the focus of its next major space venture, which would cost about $650 million and take about eight years.
EMC said Monday that it plans to acquire GRC (governance, risk and compliance) vendor Archer Technologies for an undisclosed sum. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter, and is likely on the smaller side, as EMC said it would not h...
A "monstrous" jump in demand for Android-equipped smartphones has turned the market upside down, a retail pollster said today.
A petition launched in December by MySQL creator Michael 'Monty' Widenius to "save" the open-source database from Oracle has quickly gained momentum, collecting nearly 17,000 signatures.
A few months ago, Microsoft introduced NFL jerseys to the avatar marketplace, allowing gamers to show their love for their favorite pigskin team for US$4. I saw quite a few of my Xbox Live friends wearing said shirts, so it should come as no surprise...
Words from the world of technology and social media are among those identified as the "Words of the Year 2009" in a list commissioned by Oxford University Press.
A patent application filed in February and released to the public this week reveals Google's attempt to build games on top of digital videos using an interactive annotation system.
LG Electronics has developed handheld terminals compatible with the U.S. mobile digital TV format and will show them at next week's International Consumer Electronics Show, it said Thursday.
It's no secret that the capacities of portable hard drives are on the up, but what about those portable flash drives? Fear not, as flash memory maker Power Quotient International (PQI) announced this Tuesday a new sizable addition to their "Cool Driv...
The U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) has decided to investigate separate complaints made against Sharp and Research In Motion (RIM) that each allege the companies are infringing patents held by the complainants.
Speculation continues to rev up that the mysterious Apple tablet is coming soon. More reports are saying that the Cupertino company has planned a "big" event for January 26th, and all signs point to the event as a launch for the mythical Apple tablet...
Computer security researchers say that the GSM phones used by the majority of the world's mobile-phone users can be listened in on with just a few thousand dollars worth of hardware and some free open-source tools.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA