The One Laptop Per Child Project delivered 2,100 laptops to a United Nations project in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, the largest deployment so far in a program that aims to give half a million Palestinian children access to the computers over the next...
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) sees the Web becoming a platform where data can be posted and reused in multiple ad-hoc applications, to judge from a workshop the organization held at the WWW2010 conference, this week in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Hewlett-Packard's purchase of Palm could redefine the PC maker's mobile OS strategy, potentially impacting the company's reliance on Microsoft operating systems.
Ah, the heady days of the late 1990s, when every dot-com stock was a guaranteed winner and when every day trader worth his salt carried around a Palm Pilot personal to keep track of all their information.
Symantec will acquire encryption specialist PGP and endpoint security vendor GuardianEdge Technologies for US$300 million and $70 million, respectively, the company said on Thursday.
Google patched three vulnerabilities in the Windows version of Chrome earlier in the week, marking the second time that it's plugged security holes this month.
Adobe's Flash is slow, drains batteries, isn't suitable for touchscreen devices and poses security problems, Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in an unusual missive today.
The Halo: Reach multiplayer beta will start on Monday, and Microsoft has revealed some of the details surrounding the launch. While the beta will conclude rather quickly -- it's scheduled to end on May 19 -- Bungie is going to cram the limited testin...
Google's decision to stop censoring Internet search in China last month has proved a boost to rival Baidu.com.
Oracle's unlimited license agreements (ULAs) can make great sense for companies that want to use a lot of the vendor's software, but a number of potential pitfalls can get buried in the fine print, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
<a href="http://redirectingat.com/?id=803X112721&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vodafone.co.uk%2F&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcadvisor.co.uk%2Fnews%2Findex.cfm%3Fnewsid%3D3221618">Vodafone</a> has made the <a href="http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.c...
Some of Japan's biggest online electronics retailers have stopped shipping Apple products, apparently at the request of the Cupertino, California-based company.
The world's first mainstream six-core microprocessor, AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T, has gone on sale in the UK at prices that might give <a href="http://news.techworld.com/sme/3221731/amd-six-core-chips-cheaper-than-intel/">Intel's Core i3 and Core i5 sy...
Panasonic has finally announced more details as to what it has in store for the world of 3D TV, both in the U.S. and in global markets.
Microsoft and Google aren't the only cloud e-mail providers setting their sights on the enterprise. Here's a look at some others.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD