Sun Microsystems will lay off up to 3,000 workers over the next 12 months as Oracle awaits approval from European regulators for its acquisition of the company.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday announced a new range of desktop microprocessors, including its first Athlon triple-core processors.
How fast is the shift to server virtualization happening? According to Gartner, 18% of server workloads this year run on virtualized servers; that share will grow to 28% next year and reach almost half by 2012.
Apple today revamped its iMac, MacBook and Mac mini lines in a long-expected refresh that company executives hinted yesterday was imminent.
How to provide a secure telework environment without much overhead? That was the question facing Octagon Capital, a Toronto brokerage firm that ended up choosing an unusual hardware-and-cloud service from Route1.
Microsoft last week patched nine vulnerabilities, five marked "critical," in Windows 7, a move that will require users upgrading to the new operating system starting Thursday to download a security update to keep their PCs secure.
Fake security software "SpywareGuard" and "AntiVirus" are said to be the top two scareware programs out of about 250 fake security programs detected, according to a Symantec report.
There's been a lot of fuss in the press recently about Web 2.0 security. In the past year, Facebook and Twitter both have had serious problems that have made some waves among the technically savvy.
Las Vegas: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer characterized the recent Sidekick data loss episode as "not good," and said he believes all the data will be recovered, but added that Microsoft will have to be more forthcoming in explaining to enterprise custo...
It's hard to understand who in their right mind would want to incur the wrath of "Triple H," the intimidating superstar of professional wrestling. But when a poser created a fraudulent MySpace account in Triple H's name, it wasn't the wrestler that t...
The top trends affecting technology infrastructure over the next five years can be summed up as largely a list representing where IT and users are battling for control over technology.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Data broker ChoicePoint, the victim of a 2004 data breach affecting more than 160,000 U.S. residents, has agreed to strengthen its data security efforts and pay to compensate potential victims of identity theft for a second breach in 2008, the U.S. F...
People all over Earth can already access Google's services online. For the next three months, some of them will be able to access those same services from above Earth too.
The appeals of those convicted in April in the high-profile Pirate Bay copyright violations trial won't be heard until next year, the court said on Monday.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD