Cloud computing is clearly worming its way into the enterprise, especially as a testing and development environment and as a platform for less than critical apps and services. But cloud vendors are, in short, still trying to grow up and become a plat...
Pent-up demand for new projects. Veteran employees leaving the company. Who could complain about such pressures in the waning months of 2009, when the year was spent under a cloud of economic misery?
It seems that IT leaders are warming up to cloud computing, with its promise of elasticity, utility-based billing, multiple storage locations, and the ability to pull data directly from storage devices. In fact, cloud computing ranked second (behind ...
Technologies that might seem passé at some organizations are considered quite cutting-edge at others. Here's a look at a pest control company and a local government agency that are pushing the envelope in their respective industries.
A Toronto-based business intelligence (BI) software vendor is giving the frontline worker a tool they can actually use with the newly released enterprise edition of Wabit, which follows the March release of the client version.
OK, you've virtualized as much as you can. Now what? Consolidating physical servers through virtualization doesn't address underlying complexities because it doesn't reduce the total number of servers you're managing. Here are three tips for taking i...
The recession may have forced Media General Inc. to scale back its grand plans for server virtualization in 2009, but like many other businesses, the communications company is planning a major push to make up lost ground this year.
Interest in Google's Chrome OS is heating up with the emergence of new rumors about specs for an upcoming netbook. The device would supposedly have a 10.1 TFT HD-ready multitouch display; 2GB RAM; and WiFi, Bluetooth, and 3G connectivity. As if that...
A China Mobile executive is being investigated by Chinese authorities for suspected "serious personal violations," the company said Sunday.
Mac clone maker Psystar last week indefinitely suspended sales of its only product, a US$50 utility that lets customers install Apple's Snow Leopard operating system on generic Intel-based computers.
China's state news channel has blamed hugely popular online games for problems including drug addiction, teen pregnancy and even murder this month as regulators crack down on allegedly harmful content in games.
The Steam Holiday Sale began this week, and will run through until Sunday January 3, 2010. If you're looking to buy a gift, Steam offers gifting functionality so you can send a code to friends or family for specific PC games, and this is made all the...
As e-readers such as the Amazon Kindle continue to rise, so follows the publishing industry's worst nightmare: e-book piracy. For years e-book piracy was the exclusive province of the determined few willing to ferret out mostly nerdy textbook titles ...
Internet users in Northern California were unable to reach properties including Amazon.com and Amazon Web Services for a time Wednesday evening, as their DNS provider was targeted by a distributed denial-of-service attack. The attack came as North Am...
Unit shipments of personal computers in Japan registered their third straight month of gains in November based on year-ago levels, an industry association said Thursday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
- Asana's new feature lets users mark what tasks are holding them up
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW