IBM retained its narrow lead over Hewlett-Packard in the worldwide server market as sales began to stabilize during the third quarter, Gartner said Monday.
Microsoft today confirmed that it is looking into reports that November's security updates have triggered a black screen on some Windows users' PCs.
IBM has acquired database security vendor Guardium, it said Monday, confirming earlier reports. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Samsung Electronics is on track to beat its 2009 sales target of 200 million mobile phones, and touchscreen handsets will account for one of every five mobile phones it sells this year, the company said Monday.
Secretive international trade negotiations intended to clamp down on counterfeiting risk undermining the openness and innovation-friendly nature of the Internet, said EuroISPA, a trade group representing Europe's Internet service providers (ISPs), on...
Microsoft's latest round of security patches appears to be causing some PCs to seize up and display a black screen, rending the computer useless.
Europe's Council of Ministers extended a controversial program on Monday that hands over information on international financial transactions to the U.S. for antiterrorism purposes.
Helsinki public energy company Helsingin Energia will recycle heat from a new data center to help generate energy and deliver hot water for the Finnish capital city, it said on Monday.
Sony expects that 3D televisions will make up between 30 percent and 50 percent of all sets it sells in the financial year that begins in April 2012, a senior executive said late last week. The goal further indicates Sony's confidence in 3D entertain...
Microsoft, which has faced criticism for the pricing of its Windows 7 operating system, has announced that it will be conducting a pilot program in Australia for a Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. The Family Pack will include licences for up to th...
Jolicloud, an upcoming Web-centric operating system for netbooks, will be prettier and more flexible than Google's Web-only Chrome OS, the company's CEO says.
Seattle-based MiKandi LLC has launched the first adults-only mobile applications store for Google Android smartphones.
Ads are kind of like your awkward teenage years. Think about it: When you're actually experiencing them, every second feels an angst-ridden eternity. Look back a couple decades later, though, and it's damn near impossible not to laugh.
In case you've missed it, someone recently dumped a large cache of e-mail files and documents from the University of East Anglia University's prestigious Climactic Research Unit onto the 'Net. The CRU is one of the leading climatology research instit...
Japanese computer peripheral maker Buffalo revealed Thursday a new Blu-ray burner, capable of reaching impressive 12x write speeds when used with USB 3.0.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC