It's almost certain that hackers obtained the Hotmail passwords that leaked to the Internet through a botnet-based attack, a researcher said today as she provided more proof that Microsoft's explanation was probably off-base.
Some sectors in the electronics industry are showing signs of recovery, but the damage caused by the recession may be felt for a few years, Gartner said in a study released on Monday.
Google Squared, the ambitious project that delivers search results as a table, has received an update that improves both the quality and quantity of the information it presents.
Fast food giant Pizza Hut today announced it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia.
Choosing and buying clothes via a mobile phone is getting easier in Japan with the launch of a new service that allows shoppers to simulate an outfit before they buy.
The 'geniuses' at the Apple Store in Vermont have probably run into all sorts of excuses for broken iPhones, but they just didn't believe Kris Rowley. "A bear ate my iPhone," she told them.
Worldwide spam has surged by nine times and now makes up 86 percent of all emails, says <a href="http://www.symantec.com">Symantec</a>.
Microsoft plans to replicate some processes from the PC industry to try to boost its performance in the mobile market and expects to see a growing number of applications in its new Marketplace, an executive said this week.
If YouTube streams a billion videos a day, does that make it the world's biggest waste of people's time? The billion videos announcement was made by YouTube's CEO in a blog marking the third anniversary of its acquisition by Google.
The number of visitors to Ceatec, Japan's largest consumer electronics exhibition, fell by roughly a quarter compared to last year, organizers said on Sunday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will launch an inquiry into Google Voice, the Web-based voice service, after complaints that the tech giant is blocking some calls.
South Korea's LG Display has developed a solar panel for an e-book reader.
Sometimes, the problems we experience with computers are a result of a legacy design. Hardware or software might have been architected 10 or 20 years ago when the world of computing was vastly different from the way it is today. As a result, the prod...
Researchers at the Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team (oCERT) disclosed two denial-of-service vulnerabilities in Google Inc.'s Android 1.5 mobile phone platform, both of which have already been patched by the vendor.
Driven by increased crackdowns on BitTorrent sites such as The Pirate Bay, software pirates are fast-moving their warez to file-hosting Web sites.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW