India's software trade body on Thursday moved to reassure the government and customers that the industry was taking precautionary measures to protect high-tech workers from swine flu.
Pro-China and pro-Muslim hackers have clashed online in a series of attacks on Web sites triggered by deadly ethnic riots in China's Muslim region last month.
Some undersea fiber-optic cables that carry Internet and communications traffic to parts of Southeast Asia and China have already been repaired while officials continue to assess damage to others, a spokesperson for Chunghwa Telecom said Friday.
The cyberattacks against Georgia a year ago were conducted in close connection with Russian criminal gangs, and the attackers likely were tipped off about Russia's intent to invade the country, according to a new technical analysis, much of which rem...
Miniature iPhones, handsets that double as shavers and others shaped like packs of cigarettes are just some of the gray-market devices on sale at Chinese markets.
Microsoft knew of the patent held by i4i as early as 2001, but instead set out to make the Canadian developer's software "obsolete" by adding a feature to Word, according to court documents.
Users of the first Android phone, the G1, may be unable to get significant future operating-system updates because the phone's internal flash is nearly full.
EBay's ambitious project to remake its Selling Manager set of e-commerce tools into an open platform and repository of third-party applications reached another milestone on Monday when it was opened to the marketplace's sellers.
A U.S. judge has ordered a Delaware man who sold copies of software packages on an Internet auction site to pay US$210,563 in damages and court costs, the Business Software Alliance (BSA) announced Monday.
Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
Red Hat has expanded its partner program to give companies more options for how they can work with the Linux vendor, more ways to demonstrate their areas of product expertise to customers and more discounts on product pricing, the company said Monday...
Dell plans to start selling a mobile device in China but has not yet announced availability, it said on Monday.
Microsoft sympathizes with people pushing what it calls the "Die IE6, Die" campaign, but argued today that it simply can't put a stake in the old browser's heart.
The South Australian and Federal governments have teamed up with ISP Adam Internet to roll out the infrastructure needed to provide swift Internet access to residents living in broadband blackspots in the Adelaide metropolitan area.
The Open Group is forming a new cloud computing committee that brings vendors and end-user organizations together to develop a common understanding about how cloud services should be deployed safely and effectively.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC