By recommending that users exclude some file extensions and folders from antivirus scans, Microsoft may put users at risk, a security company said today.
Hundreds of UK Fujitsu employees went on strike last week in the first ever national walkout at an IT company.
Cloud computing won a big endorsement in 2009 from the city of Los Angeles when it decided to adopt Google Apps, and many other state and local governments may soon follow with their own cloud approaches, according to a new survey by Input Inc.
NASA’s space shuttle Endeavour is closed for the Christmas holiday but plenty of work is going on around it.
Avaya, which promotes itself as a software company, is trimming back even more on its line of hardware with the elimination of wireless headsets to go with its unified communications infrastructure.
Google is in a really big hurry to make the Web experience faster.
Intel unveiled a trio of new Atom processors and a new chipset today. The new Intel chips will enable hardware vendors to create smaller, cooler, more power efficient netbooks and nettops (the desktop equivalent of a netbook).
Businesses considering Android as a corporate handset standard should consider the decision carefully, because it may prove hard to justify later on.
James Cameron's hotly anticipated 3D movie, "Avatar," hits theaters across the U.S. today. Besides stunning computer generated imagery and a predictable-but-appealing storyline, the movie will become well known for high-quality 3D.
In the last couple of newsletters we discussed some of the long-standing concepts that underlie cloud computing. We also discussed a few somewhat newer concepts, such as the dynamic movement of virtual machines (VM). In this newsletter we will discus...
Red Hat is dropping support for Intel's Itanium processor in Enterprise Linux 6, the next major release of its operating system, the company said in a statement on Sunday.
Only a few wisps of storage news this week from EMC, Virtual Instruments and start-ups Gridstore and Nasuni.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight, bendable batteries out of paper.
Is the problem a bad set of user requirements? Poor business alignment? No. According to software architect Roger Sessions, the primary cause of software project failures is complexity.
Intel’s Atom N450 processor (otherwise known as Intel’s Pine Trail platform) makes its debut in MSI’s latest Wind netbook offering. The MSI Wind U130 and the MSI Wind Special Edition Millions U135 will feature the new CPU platform, which has a graphi...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC