BT has revealed its super-fast fibre broadband network will be completed by 2012.
Over half of Brits (59 percent) look for 'green credentials' when choosing online retailers, says 1%1 Internet.
Mobile application downloads will reach five billion by 2014, say analysts at ABI Research. This is an increase from an estimated 2.3 billion applications downloaded in 2009.
Apple is looking to add monthly subscriptions to the TV content available in its online iTunes store, and Disney and CBS are interested in signing on, according to a news report.
China Telecom plans to offer service for the popular BlackBerry handset from Research In Motion (RIM), the company said Tuesday, making it the second Chinese carrier to do so.
Close to 12.5 percent of the productivity of employees in India is lost daily as most of them while away their time on social networks, according to a survey by a large industry association in the country.
U.S. authorities are investigating the theft of an estimated tens of millions of dollars from Citibank by hackers partly using Russian software tailored for the attack, according to a news report.
You obviously don't need to be told that texting and driving are two complex tasks that don’t mix well. But a new study by University of Utah researchers sheds light on why and finds that this activity is even more dangerous than talking on a cell ph...
Apple issued a firmware update today for all 27in iMacs that is designed to fix display problems, including flickering screens, that have been reported by hundreds of recent buyers.
Seven months after he announced the creation of a White House cybersecurity coordinator, President Obama has selected industry veteran Howard Schmidt for the job, an administration official confirmed Monday night.
On a recent podcast, Microsoft exec Aaron Greenberg commented that there would be a "triple-A exclusive" for almost every month in the first half of 2010, citing Alan Wake and Crackdown 2 as examples.
A federal appeals court today ordered Microsoft to stop selling its popular Word software in less than three weeks, rejecting the company's appeal and confirming the ruling of a lower court.
For those who think this corporate fight hit a crescendo in 2009, industry analysts say they better think again. It looks like this is just getting started.
Mozilla yesterday said that its planned overhaul of Firefox's interface will be pushed back to Firefox 4.0, the major release now slated to ship before the end of 2010.
Netbook shipments worldwide are expected to have jumped by 103 percent this year compared to last year, although the fast growth rate could slow down in 2010 as prices for portable PCs fall, research firm DisplaySearch said on Tuesday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW