Microsoft must pay nearly US$300 million in damages and interest to Canadian company i4i because it infringed the latter's patent for a document system that relies on XML custom formatting, according to court documents filed yesterday.
In the midst of a beta test gone wrong, Facebook Inc. today acknowledged that it's trying out Facebook Lite -- a simplified version of the uber popular Facebook social networking site.
Is your Palm Pre spying on you and sending your GPS coordinates and more back to the Palm mothership on a daily basis? According to mobile application developer Joey Hess that's exactly what is happening. He asserts on his personal blog that data on ...
The Canadian developer who operates tr.im brought the URL-shortening service back online yesterday, just three days after shutting it down.
Fujitsu announced the launch of the 0-Watt-PC to its proGreen series. This energy-saving PC, announced earlier at this year's CeBIT, is now available for shipping in two versions: the Esprimo E7935 0-Watt (small form factor) and Esprimo P7935 0-Watt...
RealNetworks may have lost its bid to sell software that lets people copy DVD movies to their computer hard drive after a ruling on Tuesday.
Less than a week after Twitter was shuttered by a highly publicized distributed denial-of-service attack, the microblogging site was hit by hackers again late yesterday.
Why spend millions of dollars campaigning when you can hack an election for less than 100 grand?
New competition in the smartphone market - and not just from Research In Motion - spurred the agreement between Nokia and Microsoft.
Four open-source and proprietary vendors on Wednesday announced a new partnership resulting in a cloud-based BI (business intelligence) stack.
Using an analogue display to show your PC's various statistics seems to be a fairly popular modification right now.
As smartphones become more popular, they're going to get some unwanted attention from criminals, Google's head of Android security said Wednesday.
Microsoft is using its newly formed alliance with Nokia not to bolster its mobile efforts but to help fuel expansion of its cloud, collaboration, real-time communications and management strategies.
The iPhone continued to shine as the sales of smartphones to end users grew by 27 percent during the second quarter compared to the same period last year, according to Gartner.
Microsoft and Nokia are working together to put a version of Microsoft's Office productivity applications on Nokia handsets, the companies said Wednesday.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC