Supercomputing technology, according to Al Gore, will help the human race reverse climate change, both by aiding the expansion of renewable energy use and by creating models that help people understand the severity of global warming.
Capcom's upcoming flight-shooter Dark Void isn't even out yet (it's due January 12) but it's already attracted the attention of Hollywood elite. Capcom announced earlier today that they had reached an agreement with Brad Pitt's film production compan...
Sony caused a bit of a stir when a slide from its recent investor conference alluding to a paid online PlayStation Network subscription service was unearthed by The Examiner. With thoughts of a PSN equivalent of Xbox Live Gold worrying gamers, Sony q...
Most special editions aren't all that special -- they include goofy items that are destined to collect dust in gamers' closets and provide little in the way of cool content that properly accompany the games. Modern Warfare 2 night vision goggles, I'm...
A 19-year old New Jersey man this week was sentenced this week to a year and a day in federal prison for hacking into the Church of Scientology's Web site in Jan. 2008.
What's the latest buzz among software engineers and computer geeks in Silicon Valley? Aside from the newly released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, it's a video released earlier this week of Pranav Mistry talking about the next big thing -- SixthSens...
Everyone's all a-twitter over Google's newly announced operating system, Google Chrome OS. Some swear it'll be a hit; others are convinced it's destined for failure. Love it or hate it, though, this puppy's one tough piece of software to ignore.
An online marketer offering supposedly free Internet auction kits has settled a complaint filed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission for charging consumers US$59.95 a month for enrollment in an "online-supplier" program, the FTC said Thursday.
Los Angeles – Microsoft will be compliant with industry standards in Internet Explorer 9 such as HTML 5, but Steven Sinofsky, president of the Windows and Windows Live division, decried the habit of vendors getting ahead of the process.
The outage of a computer system used by airline pilots to file flight plans in the U.S will likely prompt a closer look at a US$2.4 billion telecommunications system that has grappled with numerous problems in the past.
According to an L.A. Times article published yesterday, Activision Blizzard has opened a new development studio devoted to the Call of Duty franchise. Though the mysterious new team has not announced any projects yet, an anonymous source within Activ...
Microsoft Corp. said today that Windows 7 has sold twice as many units as any other Microsoft operating system in the same time period.
Reports that Apple will produce a $2,000 tablet next year fit the company's historical pattern of going for the luxury end of the technology market, an analyst agreed today.
With Google Inc. working on its upcoming browser-based Chrome operating system, the company is intensifying its grudge match with rival Microsoft Corp.
A computer system used by airline pilots to file flight plans in the U.S. was not working properly this morning, according to news reports by CNN and ABC News.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controlling the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW