Scientists at IBM are using a combination of nanotechnology and microchips to map out personal genetic code that could make significantly improve the process of diagnosing and treating diseases.
Research In Motion (RIM) will preview on Tuesday technologies enabling application builders to use Web development skills to build programs for the company's BlackBerry smartphone.
There used to be something no self-respecting Mac owner would do: Admit to owning a Windows PC. Now, a whopping 85 percent of Mac owners 'fess up.
With the "Windows phones" being announced Tuesday, Microsoft swallows its pride, confesses the error of its ways, and takes an oath that it will never, ever be irrelevant in the mobile space.
Adobe's decision to give Flash developers a way to craft iPhone applications is an "end-around" Apple's decision to ban Flash Player from its popular smartphone, an analyst said today.
Verizon announced that it is joining the ranks of mobile service providers embracing devices built on the open source Google Android operating system. Landing the largest mobile service provider in the United States is a coup for Android, and proves ...
Are you having problems with your golf swing and can't figure out what the problem is? Fujitsu has a mobile-phone application now in development that can help.
Palm will open its webOS developer program in December and offer developers a choice in how to get their applications to market, the company said Tuesday.
Muratagirl, the unicycling robot, is back at Japan’s Ceatec with improvements and some new tricks.
On the day that Microsoft is launching phones that will run on its latest version of Windows Mobile, Motorola is singing the praises of open-source software, specifically Google's Android.
Blackberry users are getting a new digital music store that's often cheaper than iTunes, Amazon, and basically every other competitor in the U.S. How do they do it?
The reviews of Microsoft's new mobile OS, Windows Mobile 6.5, are in -- and none of them are glowing. It seems that Windows Mobile 6.5 is more of a superficial cosmetic overhaul, not a bona fide upgrade capable of handling the mobile market's stiff c...
Yamaha and two partners have developed an iPhone application that lets up to 10 people play a piano at the same time, among other features.
Yamaha has developed a prototype speaker that's made of cloth and just 1 millimeter thick.
Yesterday I told you how to limit the amount of hard-drive space Windows Media Center could claim for TV recording. Today let's look at the flipside: adding more storage so you can record to your heart's content.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying US$532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW