Researchers from the University of California gained control over a well-known and powerful network of hacked computers for 10 days, gaining insight into how it steals personal and financial data.
Microsoft Corp. will not dump Vista when Windows 7 launches and plans to keep selling it to computer makers, system builders, volume licensees and consumers at retail until at least January 2011, a Microsoft spokesman said, citing long-running policy...
Research In Motion and Cisco Systems are teaming up to let enterprises integrate their BlackBerrys with Cisco IP phones, providing single-number capability and other features.
President Barack Obama and his administration is keeping up his image as a tech-savvy president by launching a presence on a variety of social networking sites.
Amazon.com Inc. is expected to announce a big-screen Kindle e-reader this week, and many are already wondering if newspaper and magazine publishers will benefit.
Enterprise Java vendor SpringSource has acquired for an undisclosed sum Hyperic, a maker of open source system and application management software.
Feeling pressure from recession-hit customers and rivals, Oracle Corp. Monday said it will give small, short-term discounts to enterprises that stick with aging versions of its software.
Population growth figures for software developers have been revised downward by an analyst firm because of the current state of the economy.
The Africa Wildlife Foundation has devised a way to use GPS technology to curb rising conflict between wild animals and humans as well as tackle an ongoing problem with poachers.
How long does Microsoft plan to keep selling copies of its Windows Vista operating system after the upcoming launch of Windows 7? The company isn't saying.
<a href="http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=dosearch&search_news=1&search_reviews=1&&search_features=1&search_blogs=1&thecriteria=Fotolia">Fotolia</a> has launched its microstock video collection, w...
A new phishing attack is underway against Facebook users. TechCrunch details the attack, which begins with an email to your inbox that looks like the standard notification of a message from a Facebook friend.
O2 has come out on top in a survey run by ISP comparison site BroadbandChoices.co.uk.
A few years ago, Microsoft acquired voice recognition company Tellme, for a rumored US$800 million. After the deal, the Tellme team has remained relatively quiet -- until now. Microsoft has just announced improvements to the service that it says will...
<a href="http://www.crumplepop.com/">CrumplePop</a> has released CrumplePop Photo, a free Polaroid-style HD photo effect for Apple's Final Cut Pro.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM applies some engineering rigor to the Internet of Things
- Microsoft's buys sales-gamification startup with eye to CRM combo
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, Aug. 3
- China clamps down on exports of drones and supercomputers
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW