It's a throwback to the old arcade games based on The Simpsons in the 1990s, but it's on a very new platform.
Apple's iPhone user base is now the second-largest in the U.S. smartphone market, passing Windows Mobile-based models to slip into the spot behind Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry, research firm comScore said today.
2009 started with a bang and ended with a bash for Cisco.
Cisco Systems' UCS data-center architecture provides the backbone of a service from Taser International that collects and stores video from police cameras.
CERN, the European particle physics organization that runs the Large Hadron Collider, is embracing server virtualization and cloud computing technology to improve CPU utilization and the delivery of computing resources to scientists around the world.
After a turbulent first half this year, Intel's business is looking up and expected to improve as PC shipments rise, a company executive said on Thursday.
Google is providing developers with a dashboard that is aimed at helping them decide which versions of the software to support and that shows the fragmentation of the Android platform.
Ten privacy and consumer groups, including the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), filed a complaint Thursday with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, saying that Facebook's newly revamped privacy settings are deceptive and unfair.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Mark Shuttleworth, the South African-born entrepreneur who founded Linux distribution provider Canonical, will be stepping down from his post as company CEO, Canonical announced. Jane Silber, currently the chief operating officer and director of onli...
Intel on Thursday introduced its next-generation of PC chips that could make laptops and desktops faster and more power efficient.
Security experts have known for months that some countries have had a harder time battling the Conficker worm than others. But thanks to data released Wednesday by Shadowserver, a volunteer-run organization, they now have a better idea of which Inter...
PC shipments worldwide will grow by double digits on a yearly basis through 2013, buoyed by increased commercial spending and growing demand for portable PCs like laptops and netbooks, IDC said in a study issued on Wednesday.
Final Fantasy XIII, one of the most awaited video games of the year, went on sale Thursday morning in Japan. The game marks the first time the long-running series has appeared on the PlayStation 3 and launches as the console is enjoying better sales.
Nvidia is set to launch its new Tegra chips that should go into devices like netbooks and smartphones early next year, a company executive said.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia