Security experts are making progress in their efforts to identify the hackers responsible for the distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that that crippled Twitter for several hours Thursday.
Microsoft has acquired the office.com domain from a Brussels-based company, according to searches of Internet registration records.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
Surprise, Microsoft's quietly updated Games For Windows Live to version 3.0 and added scads of new features to tickle your facet-fetish.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Sony is the latest big-name company to announce point-and-shoot cameras for the Spring. Two new Cyber-shot models offer high-end features previously found only in the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX1 megazoom camera.
Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation has had a tough time making money this year, but Murdoch has a solution for the company's woes: online content protection and paywalls, which allow only paid subscribers to access certain content on a Web site.
Lenovo's PC sales began to recover in its latest fiscal quarter, but the world's fourth-biggest PC maker warned that the recession was not over as it posted a net loss Thursday.
Another day, yet another odd application found in the iTunes</a> App store. 'Poop The World</a>' from SWS Digital allows users to track their bowel movements and share them with the world, all in real-time.
Nvidia on Thursday disclosed a charge of US$119.1 million for its second fiscal quarter, ended July 26, to cover costs related to a faulty die and weak packaging material used in its graphics chips.
Auto focus, auto flash, scene selection and even smile detection. Today's cameras have automated just about everything involved in snapping a picture but still require someone to point them. Not any longer. Sony has developed a base unit for cameras ...
Hitachi became the latest vendor to offer a 2TB hard drive for desktops on Thursday, but the equivalent for laptops may still be some way off.
Sprint dove into the green cell phone market Thursday with the introduction of the Samsung Reclaim, an eco-friendly smartphone built in part from corn-based bio-plastics. The unit will be available Aug. 16 for $49.99 (after rebate with a two-year ser...
After weeks work, a grassroots group of Palm Pre enthusiasts will launch a one day developers "camp" in 80 cities this Saturday.
Microsoft will soon move its Azure services off its data center in Washington, due to changes in the way such facilities are taxed in the state.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA