NASA is looking to reduce the deadly impact of helicopter crashes on their pilots and passengers with what the agency calls a high-tech honeycomb airbag known as a deployable energy absorber.
Sun Microsystems officials introduced on Thursday Sun's upgrades to three Java-based technologies, including the company's latest implementation of enterprise Java. But they were silent on the elephant in the room: How the company's efforts might be ...
2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
Dell will offer Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) network interface cards in all of its servers. The move by the world's largest server provider is sure to bolster adoption of the nascent data transport protocol in enterprise data centers.
Nokia's plan to close flagship stores in New York and Chicago makes perfect sense.
Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, opened the Realising Our Broadband Future conference in Sydney and was joined by a host of notable speakers.
Samsung has revealed a bit more about Bada, a new mobile phone platform that's supposed to bring apps to cheaper smartphones.
Red Hat has open sourced a virtual desktop protocol it acquired last year, called the Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environment (SPICE), in the hope of fostering its wider adoption.
A Mozilla official today pointed Firefox users to the extension that adds Microsoft's Bing to the list of the browser's search engines after Google's CEO downplayed consumers' privacy concerns.
An up-and-coming lightweight data interchange format for Web applications, considered by a growing number of people to be an alternative to XML, has gotten a boost from the standards body Ecma.
With the less-than-stellar James Cameron's Avatar: The Game serving as the only current example of 3D stereoscopic gaming, you might be surprised to hear that the future is indeed bright for the display technology. Insight Media has just released a r...
We're always hearing about how Americans consume far too many calories. It turns out, though, food isn't the only thing we're gorging ourselves on.
Microsoft and Swiss banking systems provider Temenos have joined forces to push SQL Server in the banking sector, the companies said on Thursday.
Aol officially set sail as an independent, publicly traded company on Thursday, leaving behind its parent company Time Warner and embarking on a journey that could be turbulent.
Dell added 10-Gigabit Ethernet to its EqualLogic storage line and introduced infrastructure management software in a set of product announcements Thursday to round out its data-center offerings.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW