If Google follows through on its threat to shut down operations in China in response to cyber attacks and spying efforts, it would be walking away from a fairly significant chunk of revenue. The resulting Internet advertising vacuum would lead to hun...
Businesses and the public sector will begin to spend more money on technology this year, according to analyst house Forrester.
Google Inc. is not poised to leave China because it's shocked over its cyber security problem. It's no more shocked than Captain Renault was to discover gambling at Rick's Caf? in the movie "Casablanca."
Cloud computing is here to stay and Wipro is focused on tapping this lucrative industry. The company has announced the launch of two new solutions--digital customer experience platform and loss prevention platform--for the retail industry.
Ten years ago on Jan. 13, 2000, Microsoft's Bill Gates turned over the CEO reins to Steve Ballmer, who emphasized then that the Internet would be the target for much of the company's new software development efforts.
The policy of random laptop searches and seizures by U.S. government agents at border crossings is under attack again, with a pair of civil rights groups seeking potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit that challenges the practice.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
The number of office workers using their corporate network to illegally file-share has increased, says ScanSafe.
In the absence of a new version of Windows Mobile, LG said it plans to use Android on more than half its smartphones, despite a recent pledge to use primarily Microsoft's mobile operating system.
Australia's most popular online job-finding site, www.seek.com.au, is advertising a position for 'Biotic-Powered Super-Soldier' with the Cerberus organisation. The advertisement features a list of skill requirements, including familiarity with heavy ...
RealNetworks' founder, Rob Glaser, is stepping down from his role as CEO, the company announced on Wednesday.
Google's decision to take steps that may result in its having to leave China is an act of real courage and patriotism.
Google's threat to pull out of China in light of recent cyberattacks on its servers there comes at a time when Google is actually gaining share on Chinese search engine market leader Baidu.
Google and other enterprises still face a bleak computer security landscape that makes their companies vulnerable to hackers, whether they do business in China or not, analysts say.
Microsoft today said that retailers can continue to sell unmodified versions of Word 2007, even though a court order that required the company to remove custom XML technology from the software took effect Monday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Elite Slice mini-PC stacks up features with snap-on modules
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA