Efforts in the U.S. Congress to overhaul the nation's patent system are again running into objections from inventors, pharmaceutical companies and small technology companies, which say that current legislation could destroy the value of patents.
Microsoft will take aim at IBM Thursday in a Web campaign touting Windows Server on Intel-based hardware as a better, more economical performer than IBM's AIX and RISC server platform.
Mobile-phone sales continue to be hurt by the faltering economy, so vendors are increasingly looking to software and services to lure buyers of new devices.
Various technologies enable patients to exchange health information with caregivers. Patients can use a Health system to videoconference with health-care professionals and receive videos about diet and exercise. Patients can also attach a blood press...
A year after buying low-power processor designer PA Semi, Apple is looking for yet more chip design expertise.
Prompted by the spread of the Conficker worm through infected USB drives, Microsoft Corp. will unveil changes in next week's public Windows 7 Release Candidate that are designed to stymie such hacker strategies.
Microsoft Corp. touts that Windows 7 is nimble enough to run on underpowered netbooks. But it also admits that its enticing new XP Mode may not work on netbooks, or many other computers of recent vintage.
The organization that assigns Internet addresses in the U.S. plans to raise the bar for getting them as the supply of IPv4 (Internet Protocol, version 4) addresses nears exhaustion, raising the specter of aggressive speculation on a soon-to-be-rare r...
IBM is looking to drive interest in its DeveloperWorks information portal for programmers with a major dose of social-networking mojo.
Google Apps has gained a directory tool designed to simplify and accelerate the setup of this hosted collaboration and communication suite.
The Android 1.5 update for G1 smartphones, dubbed "Cupcake," began arriving on some of the devices over-the-air Thursday, according to G1 owners reporting on blogs and forums.
ATI Technologies Inc.'s new Radeon HD 4770 graphics processor launched earlier this week, receiving plaudits for incorporating cutting-edge technology at a ground-breaking price.
Microsoft plans to continue offering Windows XP for netbooks after the release of its next-generation operating system, Windows 7.
Microsoft Corp. will let users run Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for more than a year, giving them free use of the new operating system for a significantly longer time than it did Vista's previews.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW