Dell next year will close its desktop computer manufacturing plant in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, as the company tightens costs in a difficult market.
Some laptop makers are trying to outdo each other with colorful, personalized laptop designs, but analysts say the trend is unlikely to take off and that price and size remain the top priorities for buyers.
The Asia Pacific region continues to lead the world in WiMax innovation, as countries like Japan, India and Korea continue to invest in the technology, with maverick operators in neighboring countries following suit, industry analyst firm Frost & Sul...
The iPhone may be a runaway hit in most markets, but not in gadget-crazy Japan.
Researchers at NTT DoCoMo have developed a set of prototype in-ear headphones that can detect and measures changes in the body's electrical state that take place when your eyes move, and have harnessed this technology to control the music player on a...
Widespread use of videoconferencing on standard enterprise networks is now feasible and affordable with the launch of HP SkyRoom, executives said.
Nissan and the Japanese city of Yokohama plan to offer an iPhone application that's intended to encourage local residents to drive more efficiently, hoping to help them save gas and go easy on the environment.
For a few weeks now, I've been compiling a list of people who are consistently funny on Twitter. I consulted friends and followers, fellow journalists, existing "Funny People on Twitter" lists (there are many), and even a few of my comedian friends. ...
New tweaks to the Facebook homepage have been spotted in the wild that may make it easier to see what's going on within your network. New features include improved filters for the newsfeed, a revised right-hand column and a new Publisher box reminis...
NASA scientists have recalculated the path of a large asteroid known as Apophis and now say it has only a very slim chance of banging into Earth.
Despite Google's phenomenal growth, the Internet search giant does not appear to be worried about taking on too many projects, judging from comments made at a media roundtable Wednesday with company cofounder Sergey Brin and CEO Eric Schmidt.
IBM this week unveiled a new private cloud storage service for enterprise-class companies at its Information Infrastructure Analyst Summit conference here.
Microsoft has changed its proposed browser "ballot screen" to wrap up a nine-month antitrust case in the European Union, but rivals remained noncommittal today about whether the modifications are enough.
Asustek Computer Inc.'s latest wave of netbook and notebook PCs lets users easily tune them to run up to 33% faster, all while staying within warranty.
Google, the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) have been given one more month to rework their agreement to settle copyright infringement lawsuits that the author and publisher groups filed against the search company.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW