The former director and CEO of BetOnSports.com, a large offshore sports-wagering business, has been sentenced to 33 months in prison for his role in running the illegal gambling operation.
Vint Cerf, a co-designer of the Internet's TCP/IP protocols and considered a father of the Internet itself, emphasized the need for data portability standards for cloud computing during an appearance on Thursday evening.
The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) has posted a draft set of APIs that Web applications could one day use to store structured content offline.
All browser makers should take a page from Google's Chrome and isolate untrusted data from the rest of the operating system, a noted security researcher said today.
In a small meeting room at the edge of the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show, a startup company is demonstrating a motion-sensing interface technology that could offer a radical new way for interacting with games, PCs and televisions.
Cisco acquired more start-ups than any other corporation over the past decade, in a list dominated by IT vendors such as IBM, Microsoft, EMC and Oracle.
Intel is ramping up efforts to push low-power Atom chips in the burgeoning category of tablet devices, a market where the chip giant, which dominates netbooks, faces tough competition from competitors like Nvidia.
Google continues to broaden it business focus, now seeking permission to buy and resell electricity.
Microsoft asked an appeals court for a rehearing in the patent case that requires the software giant to pay US$290 million in damages and prevents it from selling the current version of Word starting on Monday.
Oracle on Tuesday will release a patch update that includes 24 security fixes for its database, application server and other products.
The UK Financial Services Authority has launched fraud proceedings against four former directors of iSOFT Group.
Google support forums are awash with people looking for help for problems with their Nexus One phones -- and unable to find it.
CES may have "consumer" right in its name, but this year's show featured plenty of hot new products aimed squarely at small and midsized businesses.
MagicJack is demonstrating a device near the International Consumer Electronics Show this week that it claims will let consumers make VoIP calls using any GSM phone.
Budget online retailer Kogan Technologies has announced the launch of two new televisions using LED backlighting technology. Available in 26in and 32in sizes, the as-yet-unnamed televisions are priced at $599 and $799, respectively — significan...
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT