Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen has been diagnosed with lymphoma.
Google Sites, the wiki-based hosted application for building group Web sites, is gaining its first wave of templates with a set for workplaces and a set for personal use.
An effort is underway to clean up tens of thousands of computers infected with malicious software known for churning out thousands of spam messages per hour.
Workers at T-Mobile UK have been selling customer data to brokers who work for the competition, T-Mobile and the U.K.'s Information Commissioner's Office said on Tuesday.
Brocade has launched a line of small form factor Carrier Ethernet routers designed to make Ethernet service delivery at the edge more cost and power efficient.
A Beijing court has ruled that Microsoft violated a Chinese company's intellectual property rights in a case over fonts used in past Windows operating systems, state media said Tuesday.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that its upcoming cloud computing platform will come with marketplaces for both online apps built to run on Azure as well as datasets that companies can use to build their own apps.
Diskeeper Corp. today launched software that it says prevents up to 85% of hard drive fragmentation on Microsoft Windows systems, thereby improving performance and virtually eliminating the scheduled, automatic or manual task of defragmentation.
Hewlett-Packard is trying to tackle concerns about the cost and complexity of thin-client computing with new products and tools announced Tuesday.
While the iPhone has become a powerful force in the portable gaming market, it has done so almost entirely due to software created by third parties.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
What mythical product will simultaneously kill off the Kindle, iPod, Zune, iPod, Nintendo DS, and a whole slew of cheap netbooks?
New Oxford American Dictionary has announced the verb "unfriend" as its word of the year, confirming the social networking term's ubiquity.
An ambitious plan by Japan to build the most powerful computer in the world stands on the brink of collapse this week after a government panel recommended funding for the project be virtually eliminated.
Database hacking has gone mainstream and is becoming harder to detect because of the increasingly sophisticated anti-forensic procedures hackers use to cover their tracks.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controlling the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT