Trade groups are protesting an "unprecedented" new Chinese policy that gives local IT products preference for government contracts there, arguing that the rules will actually hamper innovation in China.
The popularity of Google's mobile operating system, Android, will continue to grow next year with as many as 30 new handsets from Taiwanese manufacturers, and more app contests by mobile network operators throughout Asia, a mobile network executive s...
Security researchers have spotted the Zeus botnet running an unauthorized command and control center on Amazon's EC2 cloud computing infrastructure.
Social networking site Friendster accepted a buyout offer from Malaysia's MOL Global, which hopes to generate revenue from the site using micropayments.
2010 promises to be an interesting year in the enterprise LAN switching market.
While rumors are swirling around the Internet that Intel is looking to buy rival chips maker Nvidia, analysts say it's nothing but talk and bluster.
Oracle is expected to portray its planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, and more specifically of Sun's MySQL unit, as a procompetitive move necessary to balance the might of Microsoft in the low end database market during a two-day hearing in Brus...
Microsoft yesterday re-released a Windows 7 installation tool that it admitted included open-source code, and has posted the utility's source code to its own open-source site.
Acer plans to launch as many as six new smartphones with Google's Android mobile operating system in the first half of next year, a company executive said Thursday.
Cisco Systems tried to partner with major server vendors several years ago before coming out with its own blade servers earlier this year, and it's still open to a partnership with IBM, Chairman and CEO John Chambers said Tuesday.
Rare has confirmed via Twitter that the company's next game, an HD remake of the Nintendo 64 first-person shooter Perfect Dark, will be releasing in early 2010, during the winter months. If hold that Twitter post to the letter of the law -- and when ...
While filming on the movie is set to conclude this month, Kotaku has discovered that Resident Evil: Afterlife -- the fourth film in Resident Evil movie franchise -- will be delayed from its original August 2010 release date to January 2011. AceShowBi...
Kotaku has caught a glimpse of the latest issue of long-standing Japanese video game magazine Famitsu, which contains a review for the PlayStation 3 version of the latest chapter of Square-Enix's popular RPG franchise, Final Fantasy XIII. The game re...
With dominance in enterprise networking, Cisco still believes there's room to grow through innovation.
Businesses looking at using Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for pay-as-you-go servers can now add Symantec security, backup and storage protection.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA