Networking company Extreme Networks has come out with a plan to help enterprises migrate their data centres from a physical network, to a virtual network to location-independent cloud networks.
With the rising costs of software licensing and maintenance, companies are becoming more aware of the importance of a software asset management (SAM) programme, according to the latest KPMG report.
In a bid to improve the performance and quality levels of its key application and support services, Australian telecoms company Optus signed a three-year outsourcing contract with HP Enterprise Services.
A recent patent application submitted to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (dug up by GameSpot) reveals a number of potential applications for the upcoming Sony Motion Controller due out in 2010.
Among Microsoft's trials and tribulations in the mergers and acquisitions space, a Microsoft official on Tuesday evening cited fear of dealing with the company as an obstacle Microsoft has had to overcome.
Nintendo, as you know, wants to make third-party flash cartridges anathema to its DS game handhelds. Some gamers want the right to use these cards, they say, to develop legal "homebrew" games. In reality, a majority of these flash cartridge owners de...
If you spend half your day in Gmail, as I do, then you're probably up for just about anything that can help you manage mail more quickly. The Gboard promises to do just that, so I jumped at the chance to give it a spin.
The growing demand for online applications could push the number of mobile devices accessing the Internet past 1 billion by 2013, IDC said in a survey issued on Wednesday.
Activision will reportedly release a censored version of Modern Warfare 2 in Japan that punishes you for shooting civilians. In Western versions, players can fire indiscriminately into crowds of people during the game's controversial "No Russian" lev...
The already intense Google-Microsoft rivalry heated up considerably last month with the long-expected release of Google's Chrome operating system to the open-source community.
Wondering why thin and light laptops with monster battery life haven't been a smashing success? Acer chairman J.T. Wang says Dell and HP are to blame.
Nearly a quarter of men have pulled a sickie from work in order to play computer games, says MyVoucherCodes.co.uk.
Although the wireless 802.11n standard has just recently been made official, IEEE has begun work on the next iteration of WiFi.
While Intel nurses a self-inflicted wound after pulling the plug on its long-anticipated Larrabee graphics chip, analysts said rivals AMD and Nvidia need to make hay with the extra time they've been given.
Apple may unveil a 10.1-in. tablet as early as March, a pair of Wall Street analysts said today.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cyberespionage group Patchwork sets its sights on multiple industries
- This new Outlook feature will organize your inbox for you
- Taxi hailing apps Mytaxi and Hailo will merge to counter Uber in Europe
- Cybersecurity firm offers users reimbursement for ransomware infections
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC