Avant-garde media artist Mio I-zawa has just released footage and photos of his most intriguing (and disturbing) creation yet: a mechanical 'tumour' sprouting from a PC that quivers and pulsates depending on the CPU load. All together now: Ewwwwwww!
Microsoft will not have to pay $388 million to a security software company for infringing on a patent, U.S. District Judge William Smith ruled Tuesday.
Facebook is trying to make it easier for Web publishers to hook up their sites to the company's Connect data portability system.
Contrary to the claims of online marketers, most U.S. residents do not want to receive Web advertising tailored to their interests, according to a study released Wednesday by two universities.
Without a radical change in the way much of it is written, software, sadly, just can't go much faster anymore.
More and more fraudsters are harvesting the log-in data of Facebook members in order to impersonate them and ask their friends for money, according to the social-networking company.
Worldwide semiconductor sales will grow in 2010 as chip sales gain steam in response to stabilizing economies, analyst firm iSuppli said on Wednesday.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange is launching OXtender for Business Mobility, which adds support for push e-mail to mobile phones that use Microsoft's ActiveSync protocol, it said on Wednesday.
One in four business process outsourcers will not exist as independent organisations within three years, according to analyst group Gartner.
Nearly one year after being hacked by computer extortionists, pharmacy benefits management company Express Scripts now says hundreds of thousands of members may have had their information breached because of the incident.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has reached a new agreement with the U.S. Department of Commerce allowing the nonprofit greater independence, while giving more countries oversight of the organization.
Yahoo has updated the application platform of its Zimbra messaging and collaboration suite, making it possible for developers to create more sophisticated gadgets that can be integrated with the product more deeply.
Microsoft will block users running counterfeit copies of Windows from installing the free Security Essentials antivirus software, the head of the company's anti-piracy group said yesterday.
Research firm Gartner is projecting that 20% of households worldwide will be connected to the Internet through a broadband connection by year-end.
A press release from AMD today announces the development of an Open Physics Initiative, together with Pixelux Entertainment. Pixelux is the developer of the Digital Molecular Matter (DMM) physics system used first in LucasArts' Star Wars: The Force U...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCService DeskWA